Chapter Thirty One

"What the hell..."

What i didn't expected to see when i came back home, was Jessy still here but now with Phil. They were apparently arguing... to know who the best sibling was ? What the fuck ?

"Judith ! You're here ! Come, come !" Jessy stood up from the couch and dragged me by my wrist to the living room.

"Wow, wow, wow, what's happening here ?" She sat me down between her and Phil. Not that i'm not comfortable but well, the couch is not that big either.

"Phil thinks that he's the best sibling ! Can you believe that ? It's obvious that i am the best one !"

"What does that have to do with me ?" I raised my eyebrow. I was genuinely asking, because last time i checked, they're not my relatives.

"Well, you see," Phil started, extending his hand to Jessy. "Jessy and me were arguing because i think i would do a great big bother. But !" Jessy tried to speak before Phil cut her. "But, she think she would be a better little sister."

"I... don't understand ? You two are literally brother and sister ?"

"I thought you were smart Judith ?" Phil said, laughing and throwing his head back. "We're talking about you. We're arguing about who's the best sibling to you."

"What ?"

Alright, i was confused. Did they think of me like a sister ? But wasn't Phil interested in me ?

"Weren't you interested in me ? That would be weird."

"I was actually never that interested in dating you. It was more for bugging you than something else."

"Phil texted me a bunch of time to know how you were doing. I thought it was because he wanted to flirt with you but apparently it was brotherly worries." Jessy joked, putting her cheek on her hand, looking at me with a smile.

"I... Alright ? I'm still confused."

"I know that you're involved with the hacker, Jessy told me. I wanted to bug you so you would think i was interest when in reality it never happened. I used to be kind of mean with Jessy so i thought i would do the same with you. It's funny."

"It's funny ? Phil what the hell ?" I laughed, shaking my head. He had a very particular way to joke.

"But Judith called me his little sister ! She never called you a brother so there, i win Phil !" She stick out her tongue, crossing her arms.

I laughed and let myself fall against the back of the couch. I had to admit, they were funny to watch. But also, i couldn't wait to tell Jake about that. It would be so funny when i'll tell him that Phil looks at me like a little sister. It will be hilarious.

"So i'm your sister then ?" I look at Phil, who nodded before putting his arm around my shoulder and shuffling his other hand against my hair to annoy me.

"Exactly." He then pulled on his arm and pushed Jessy against my side so he could hug us both.

"Phil you're crushing us." I said, still laughing a little.

"Alright, alright, i stop. Wouldn't want you two to break." He jokingly patted our heads again before pulling his arm back next to his body.

"Back to our conversation, Judith, who's the best sibling ?" Jessy asked.

"You're both great. I won't decide." I smirk to them, looking as they showed the exact same pouting face. "You really do look alike, i never really saw it until now."

Phil laughed and shook his head while Jessy was still pouting. It was nice, having a semblance of family after so many time without. My family wasn't the greatest and i lost contact with them. It's been a long time already.

"You didn't go see Cleo then ?"

"Nope. Phil got here like two minutes after you left. So i never called her."

"Alright."

"Where were you ? Jessy just told me that you were in town."

"I... Actually, i'm sorry Jessy. I lied to you about that little detail."

"What ?!"

"I know, i know. Just... Listen alright ? I had a conversation with Alan."

"Bloomgate ?"

I nodded to Phil. "Yes. I can't go into details but, something big is going to probably happen. I will probably have to stay quiet about it but i thought i should tell you. And now that Phil is here, well, he should know too, in case you come back here more often." I say to him.

He furrowed his eyebrow and wanted to start talking but Jessy was faster then him. "Why ? What's going on again Judith ?"

"I can't say it. I have to meet with him again and then, maybe i'll be able to talk about some of it. All i can say it's that... It's not about me."

Her eyes light up with understanding. "It's about Jake. Isn't it."

I smile to her. "It's always about him. I have to do something."

"Did you find something else ?"

I know that i mentioned to Jake that i wanted to say to the group that i had found him. But, i felt like i should wait until i had my second talk with Alan. And Jake.

"Something like that, yes." I nodded my head, crossing my hands on my knees. "I can't go into any details, like i said, but i promise to you both that i'm being careful. You have to trust me."

"And i trust you Judith, but..."

"But we're worried about you. Jessy told me you wanted to go in the mines. Who know what it will be now."

"Well, i never got into them, that's for sure. And the situation is not the same. I can do something about it and i have the chance to choose if it's what i want. I know it doesn't make sense to you, but i have to do this."

"But what is it ? You can't even tell us." She looked to Phil who was just listening to us. Mostly.

"It's because nothing is sure for now. Once i know more, i'll tell you the things i can. For now i just need you two to promise to not tell anything to the other. I'll tell them at the same time that i tell you."

"I think we won't gain anything Jessy. Let's just trust Judith."

"Alright..."

"Thank you." I moved my head to Phil. Jessy would have insisted more if i was alone with her right now. She would probably try it later when Phil will leave us.

"And if i can say something, Bloomgate is actually a nice cop. It's because of him that i got out. In part."

"Yep, i did the other part in calling him. He's pretty decent, for a police chief." I smirked.

Now, let's hope that he will be able to help us. If the plan fail, i would be pissed at him. And at myself.