Chapter Thirty

"Freedom ?"

"Freedom. That's all i want. You take care of that and i take care of the clues you need."

He seemed to think about it. I suddenly saw his face light up. He figured it out. He's not that bad.

"You found him."

"Maybe i'm just aware of the stuff i'm proposing to you ?"

"No way. I know that you're able do to some stuff. But the government ? It can't be you."

"What a way to talk to a woman, Alan." I joked, shaking my head. Obviously he would not buy it. Even i, knew that i'd never be able to do that type of finding.

"What do you have ?"

"I can't tell you the details, i do not even know them. All i can say is that you're about to find something massive. If you're willing to make the deal."

"What makes you think i would agree ?"

"You don't have anything on him. Never had, never will. You wouldn't have told me anything about the FBI if you did." I was sure he would be okay with it in the end. He didn't seem like a bad guy, just someone who wanted to bring justice.

He sighed. "You have to bring him. I can't decide that without being sure. It's not because you resolved a case that you will now be able to command everything you want." He finally said, leaving his arms fall to his sides. He wasn't that defensive anymore

"And what makes you think i should trust you on that matter ? You could bring the FBI in this." I had to make sure. I would never bring him to Jake if i had a chance that he would turn the other way.

"I won't do anything to him. If he's able to give me what you say, i'll do what i can to help him in exchange. But i need to talk to him Judith."

"They are looking for him. It should be enough for you to understand why."

He sighed. "And i do. But we're talking about government issues."

He won't let the matter fall. I don't even know how to contact Jake. I can't exactly ask him right now.

"Listen, once i know... more, i'll tell you. But right now ? Take it or leave it. Think about it i guess. It's not like we can do anything else for now."

"Alright." He sighed once again. I would too if i wasn't thinking about Jake. "I guess this is it then ?"

"You're not the type to do small talk, so i'll have to say yes, this is it." I turn to look at the lake once again. "I'll contact you when i know more."

"Alright. I'll be going then. Take care of yourself. And him as well."

"I will. See you."

He then left the lake. I was left alone. Not that i minded that much. I was thinking about what would happen with Alan and Jake when i felt my phone vibrate on my tight. I quickly took it in hands, unlocking it.

>???
Hello

Hum ?

>Me
Who's that ?

>???
:)

Could it be ?

>Me
Jake ?

>Jake
Hello Judith.

Oh my god ! That's so good !

>Me
Omg ! You actually did it ? Is it safe for you ?

>Jake
It is, do not i worry. I took very good care in finding a new way to be able to text with you.