Chapter Forty Two

We didn't get any new until two days later. In the meantime i had looked for apartments in the town. Not that i found something interesting.

Back to our problem. Well, not really problem but still. It was a weird thing to say but, Jake, Alan and me had a group chat. It was more practical to chat if we were all in the same conversation then if i had to transmit a text or something.

>Jake
Were you able to know more ?

>Alan
I have a meeting with one of the member of the government. I triple checked and it's no one from your list. Hopefully they're not involved anonymously in this mess.

>Me
Would that be possible ?

>Jake
If they never appeared in a pictures, videos or document, then it would be possible. But it's not likely to happen. With what i gathered, it was a closed group.

>Me
A closed group ? Does that mean there was never new members and it was always the same ones ?

>Jake
Yes.

>Alan
So the meeting should be safe. That's good to know.

"Who are you texting with this serious face ?"

I looked up at Hannah. Cleo, her and me where in the middle of a coffee. Admittedly, it's not the best place to have this type of conversation, but then again, no one could see my phone from where i was sitting against a wall.

"I'm having a conversation with Jake and Alan."

"About what you told us last time ?" Cleo asked.

I nodded my head and took a bite of the pancakes i was eating. They were good but i was also eating because i hadn't had breakfast. Even if technically, i never really eat breakfast.

"We're trying to work faster. So we made this group chat. It's faster that way."

"Was it your idea ? Because i can't see Jake making the group chat." Hannah said, giggling behind her hand.

I smirked. "Yeah, it was my idea. Jake doesn't really like texting with people. Well, it's more that he doesn't really understand if there's more being said than the text in itself."

"I see."

>Alan
I'll text you when i know more.

>Me
Sure.

Jake didn't respond to him. But right after ending the conversation, he send me a text in our private chat.

>Jake
Would it be possible to see each other ?

What ?

"Are you alright Judith ?" Cleo asked.

I looked up to her once again. "Huh ? Yes ?"

"Are you sure ? What happened ?" Hannah giggled. Was i blushing ?

"Jake texted me."

"What did he say ? You look like he said something flustering" Hannah was hiding her smile behind her cup of tea.

"It's not." I denied, even if i was blushing. "He asked if we can meet up. He never ask that." I said, looking back down to my phone when i saw a new text.

>Jake
Judith ? Are you alright ? It is okay if you can't.

"What should i do ?" I ask to Hannah and Cleo. They were both smiling at me. Was it funny for them ?

"Say yes obviously. You can go now if you want, we won't mind, don't worry." Hannah said, looking to Cleo who nodded her head.

"I had to see Dan anyway. He wants to make cookies for Jessy." Cleo explained, drinking the rest of her orange juice.

"Is he crushing on her ?"

I heard Hannah ask to Cleo. But i wasn't paying attention to them anymore.

>Me
Sure we can meet up !

>Me
Sorry, i was a bit surprise that you ask that, that's why i didn't answer fast enough.

>Jake
Why is it so surprising ?

>Me
Well, you never asked, we always met because we had something else planned to start with.

>Jake
Well, i wanted to spend some time with you. I miss you.

He would be the death of me, i swear.

>Me
I miss you too. Where do you want to meet ?

>Jake
You can come to my apartment, if you want ? I can go outside but i would much better stay there. For security reasons.

>Me
Sure, i'm coming. I'll be there in a few. See you <3

>Jake
Good :)

>Jake
<3

"We're too far gone for each other." I whispered, nearly hiding myself behind one of my hands. I didn't expected them to hear me.

"We can see that, yes." Hannah answered, leaning on her hand. "It's nice, seeing you enjoy something. You worked hard."

"Yes, she even worked harder when we had to find you. I am glad that you're taking a bit of time for yourself Judith." Cleo said.

I was touched by what they said. I quickly hugged them. I didn't know that before, because i never really experienced that, but i liked hugs. They felt nice.

I quickly paid and left them after saying goodbye. I really wanted to see Jake. And it's only now that i understood that we didn't always need a reason to see each other. If the situation was letting it possible, we could arranged meetings like this too. Just to enjoy the presence of the other.

It felt nice, being with someone that loves you.