CHAPTER 41

-- CLEO --

"Hindi ka talaga sasama, Ashi?"

Tomorrow is the opening of Solace. After a year of hard work, Magui has finally risen from her fall. She fixed all our papers and paid for our airfare and accommodation, including Ashi's.

"Hindi pa ko ready, Cleo. I'm still trying to forgive myself." She told me.

"Ashi." I looked at her seriously.

"Forgiveness doesn't happen overnight, Cleo. I want to see Magui again once I have already forgiven myself. Once I find the certainty that I've been searching for." Ashi explained why she refused to come with us to Canada.

"Okay, I wouldn't rush you anymore. We'll be back in a week. Take care of yourself, okay? We'll always check up on you." I instructed Ashi.

"I will, Cleo. Have a safe flight!"

I drove the van towards the airport. Kami talaga ni Malia ang driver at nagbabato bato pick na lang kami kung sino papunta at sino pauwi. I lost kaya I was the first one to drive.

When we arrived at the airport, the girls hurriedly took their bags. Magui has a lot of connections kaya hindi na kami nagtagal sa pumila. We finished the immigration quickly and an airport staff lead us to Magui's private jet.

"Never in my whole life did I imagine na makakasakay ako sa ganito!" Gia exclaimed as she toured around the plane.

"Look, they even have champagne!" Savannah said excitedly while looking at it. "Can we drink this po?" She asked the stewardess.

"Yes, Ms. Castro. Everything on the plane is free of use or consumption. Ms. Feola told us to take good care of you so just call us when you need something." The stewardess smiled at us.

"May steak po?" Malia asked her.

"Yes, Ms. Villanueva. Steak po ang dinner niyo tonight. Ms. Feola informed us that you specifically requested it." She answered.

"The best talaga si Magui!" Malia exclaimed.

I sat down in one corner and Stella sat beside me as the plane took off. She was busy flipping magazines while sipping wine while I was busy staring at the buildings.

I can't stop thinking about Ashi and Magui. They've been through enough already. I hope they find the happiness they deserve whether or not they become a couple again.

"Are you okay, love?" Stella asked as she closed her magazine.

"Yes, love." I smiled at her and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "I love you, Stella ko."

"I love you too, Cleo ko." Stella leaned on me.

"Canada, here we come!" Gia yelled so we looked at them.

The seatbelt sign had already gone off so the girls started dancing around and opened the bottle of champagne.

"Come on, Cleo! Have some fun!" Malia pulled me since I was quiet again in the corner.

Jenna gave me a wine glass and poured as much champagne as she can.

"Saka mo na isipin ang trabaho, Cley. We're on a vacation. It's not all the time we go to Vancouver!" Jenna told me.

"Namimiss ko lang si Ashi." I told her.

Ashi is like my little sister. I love her so much and I protected her throughout the years. Nahihirapan ako lumigaya knowing that she is not yet done hurting. I know that she's brave and that she can handle this but as her acting older sister, I can't stop worrying about her.