CHAPTER 44

-- ASHI --

"Welcome home, girls!"

I opened the gate so Malia could drive the van inside. I helped the rest with their bags.

"How's Ashi week?" Stella asked me as we entered the house.

"Masaya. I got to spend a lot of time with myself." I answered her. "How's Vancouver?"

"Mas masaya!" Savannah answered. "Magui surprised us with a candle-lit dinner! Ang sarap talaga maging jowa ni Magui!"

"Excuse me?" Jenna glared at her.

"Hindi naman for me eh. For Ashi." Savannah hurriedly made an excuse.

"Dinamay mo pa ko sa kalandian mo." I playfully rolled my eyes at her.

The girls handed me their pasalubongs. Pare-parehas lang na tshirt na mayroong "I heart Canada" na nakasulat pero iba-iba ang kulay. They even bought a ref magnet for remembrance daw.

We all had dinner together while drinking the wine Cleo brought home. She said that it was Magui's favorite wine. In fairness to her, she has such expensive taste. Sa sobrang sarap, halatang pang-mayaman yung wine.

After dinner, I volunteered to wash the dishes since the girls are tired from their flight. Most of them went straight to their rooms to rest already. After washing the dishes, I went outside to lay on the beanbag while staring at the stars.

"Will our stars ever align again, my love?" I whispered while trying to reach for the stars.

"Ashi..."

I suddenly sat properly when I heard Cleo call my name. She sat on the beanbag beside me as we stared at the stars together.

"Aren't you sleepy yet?" I asked her since all of the other girls were already resting.

"No. My body clock is still messed up." Cleo told me. It's probably morning in Canada that's why Cleo is still up. "Ang ganda ng stars 'no?" She asked after a long silence.

"Yeah. I will never get tired staring at them." I told her.

I was smiling while staring at the stars when Cleo took my hand. She wore a rose gold bracelet on my wrist.

"Cleo, sinasabi ko na nga ba!" I said in shock. "Alam kong crush mo ko pero don't forget that you already have a girlfriend! Ano na lang sasabihin ni Stella?"

"Tangina mo, Ashi." Cleo and I shared a laugh after my reaction. "Ang kapal talaga ng mukha mo. Jowain mo na kasi si Magui para hindi ka nahihibang diyan!"

My expression changed after Cleo said that. I don't know but it makes me sad whenever they tease me to Magui. All my wrongdoings are still haunting me and it fears me that I will hurt Magui again. I'm not yet ready. I'm still uncertain of myself.

"Sorry, Ash." Cleo noticed the sudden change in my expression.

"I'm okay," I assured her right away. "It's just... bad memories are still haunting me. But I know that it will only be a matter of time before everything heals."

"You'll get through it, Ashi." Cleo smiled at me before looking back at the bracelet she wore on me. "Magui asked me to give this to you. I am not sure how this works but the only clue she gave me is that when your stars align once again, you know where to find her."

My brows furrowed because Magui's riddle was kinda confusing. But I smiled at Cleo and thanked her for giving it to me.

"I'll figure this out," I told her before saying goodbye.