CHAPTER 48

-- MAGUI --

"What are you doing here?"

I immediately ran towards Ashi and gave her a tight hug. I missed her embrace. I missed her scent. I missed her.

"I'm here to apply as your secretary." She gave me a teasing smile while showing me her folder.

"You flee all the way from Manila to Vancouver just to be my secretary?" I asked, confused.

"Kanina ko lang nalaman na may opening ka so I had to cram my requirements." Ashi scratched the back of her neck. "Nag-baka sakali lang ako because I needed a new job anyway."

I suddenly remembered about her leaving the band. My smile vanished as I took her folder and used it to hit her shoulders.

"Ano nanamang pumasok sa isip mo at iniwan mo yung banda?" I started scolding her like an angry mother. "Pangarap mo 'yon, Ashi. Pangarap niyo nila Cleo. Bakit mo sinayang?"

"Kasi pangarap kong makasama ka." Ashi held my hand and stared at my eyes seriously. "I've been performing for four years already. I made a lot of songs, performed in a lot of concerts and tours, I even got to perform in Paskuhan. Four years is enough for me. It's time to live a new chapter in my life with you, Magui."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I've been waiting for Ashi to chase me back but I didn't expect it to be so soon. I thought I had to wait for years but she's finally here in front of me.

"I've forgiven myself, Magui. I was able to piece myself together and I'm complete now." Ashi smiled at me.

I smiled back at her as I hugged her again,  "welcome home, adi."

She's finally home with me.

I was eager to end the day because I wanted to spend time with Ashi. She helped me with my paperwork so I was able to finish earlier than expected.

"You're early." Lia raised a brow after seeing me leave my office when the sun hasn't even set yet.

"My secretary is really good." I pulled Ashi closer to me.

"I told you that you wouldn't want to miss the last applicant." Lia looked at Ashi and they high-fived each other.

"Lia helped me prepare my requirements. Kung alam ko lang na may opening ka edi sana nagprepare ako 'di ba?" Ashi turned to me while chuckling.

"Thank you, Lia. The best ka talaga!" I told her.

"Anything for the two of you." Lia smiled before walking to her office.

Ashi and I went to the lobby to get her bags. According to her, sa VL na siya dumiretsyo at iniwan niya sa lobby lahat ng maleta niya. I helped her with her pieces of luggage as we went to my car that is already waiting in front of the building.

"Head's up." Bruno, the front security guard, threw my car keys to me and I immediately caught it.

"Careful, Bruno! You might scratch my brand new Rolls-Royce!" I told Bruno while wiping my car.

"Ang yabang, Magui." Bruno told me. He's also a Filipino kaya naging close kami agad. Sa kaniya ko lang pinapagalaw ang kotse ko. "Ingat kayo! See you tomorrow!"

"See you all tomorrow! Don't forget to take a rest, okay?" I turned to all my employees before riding my car.

"Close ka sa lahat ng employees mo 'no? Do you know all of their names?" Ashi asked me while I was starting my car.