CHAPTER 12

-- CLEO --

"She's in the backyard."

Riley welcomed me in her home and brought me to Magui who was seated on the backyard. Hindi pa rin siya makausap ng matino. Madalas ay nakatulala lang siya sa kawalan.

"Kumain na ba siya?" I asked Riley.

"Her appetite hasn't returned yet but she ate a piece of cracker last night." She reported.

Riley was suppose to go back to Canada to fix the problem with Solace but Magui needed her. I wanted to take care of her pero hindi pa rin alam ng ibang girls ang nangyari kay Magui. It's best na si Riley muna ang kasama niya.

"Hi, Mags." I sat in front of her.

Ever since the big revelation, Magui hasn't talked again. She fainted after a long story and woke up lifeless. Riley's been doing her best to help Magui recover.

My smile turned to shock when she suddenly looked at me. It was the first time that she made eye contact again.

"Cley..." She called for my name.

It was soft but it was progress! I hugged Magui because of so much joy. She's one step closer to recovery.

I would visit Magui every time I can. Minsan ay sumasama sa'kin si Stella but she couldn't stay long. She can't handle seeing Magui suffer like this.

"Aalis ka ulit?" Ashi asked when she noticed that I grabbed my car keys. "May practice tayo para sa bagong single ah?"

"Saglit lang ako, Ash," I said coldly.

Ever since I saw Ashi celebrating Magui's misery, I couldn't look her in the eye. I think it was so selfish of her to do that.

We should never rejoice in someone else's downfall.

"Gusto mo ba samahan kita?" Ashi followed me outside.

"I can manage." I continued being cold to her.

I didn't want to ruin my friendship with Ashi but it was just too much. Magui needs me. Ashi has five people to be with her. Magui only has me and Riley.

"What's wrong with you?" Malia showed up while I was opening the gate. "Why are you so cold and distant all of a sudden? 'Wag mo naman gawin kay Ashi yung ginawa ni Magui sa kaniya."

"You don't understand." I gave Malia an angry stare. "You'll never understand."

Aside from Ashi, isa si Malia sa hindi ko matignan sa mata. She's the reason why Magui left. Magui did her best to chase us, to explain her side but Malia pushed her away. Naiintindihan ko naman na galit siya but she has no right para harangan si Magui sa'min.

If she just let Magui reach us, baka naayos pa.

Baka hindi na umabot ang lahat sa ganito.

I entered Riley's house and I saw Magui walking in the backyard. She was getting better.

"Hi, Cley." She smiled when she saw me.

"How are you, Mags?" I also smiled and helped her sit on the chair.

"Healing." She was still smiling at me.

I tried my best to maintain my composure. I wanted to cry. I wanted to ask for forgiveness but I didn't want to stress Magui yet. She isn't ready to face the world yet. She's too fragile right now.

I stayed and help her do her exercises. After a while, Riley escorted Magui to the restroom. I took a picture of Magui's meds and posted it on my Instagram story, close friends, of course.