CHAPTER 38

-- GIA --

"Ashi!"

We all panicked as Ashi fell to the ground on our way to her hotel room. She was weak and crying non-stop.

"What happened, Ashi?" I ask worriedly as I helped her stand up.

Savannah took Ashi's things as Stella assisted her from the other side. Our girlfriends aren't here because they have a performance for Magui's launch party. Dapat kasama si Ashi doon but she told us that she needed to rest already. Hindi naman kami aware na ganito na pala.

"I already set Magui free." Ashi was stuttering while talking. "I told her not to wait for me anymore. I told her not to love me anymore."

"Ashi..."

All of us were speechless. We didn't know what to say to make things better. This is very heavy for both Magui and Ashi.

We brought Ashi to her room and she continued to cry in her bed. The girls and I were just staring at each other. None of us were talking. All we can hear is Ashi's cries.

"Where is she?" Cleo suddenly entered the room.

Cleo looked at a devastated Ashi. She lay beside her and Ashi hugged her immediately. Ever since, Cleo is the only one who can calm Ashi down.

I held Stella's hand as the girls and I went out to give them alone time. Kay Cleo lang komportable si Ashi maglabas ng mga problema and Cleo would just inform us after.

We went to the hotel's bar by the poolside. The place was filled with loud music. Everyone was partying loudly but the girls and I are too devastated to have some fun. We ordered drinks and sat down in one corner. Wala pa ring nagsasalita.

"Ang lupit talaga ng tadhana kina Ashi at Magui." Malia broke the silence. "They just wanted to be happy with each other but the world is so against them."

"Don't be mad at me guys ah..." I joined the conversation. "I know from the very start that Magui has plans on coming back to Canada. Noon pa lang iniisip ko na if pwede pa ba maging sila ulit kung aalis lang rin si Magui?"

"Alam mo, I have the same thoughts. Hindi madali ang LDR. It's either Magui will leave Canada behind or Ashi would leave us behind. Hindi naman magagawa 'yon ni Ashi sa'tin. Andito si tita Anna at yung career niya." Savannah added.

"Hindi ko nga naisip 'yan eh. Akala ko talaga may comeback nang magaganap." Jenna said while drinking her beverage.

"Ashi fears that too..." Stella finally talked after a long silence. "Noong sa bahay pa nakatira si Magui, Ashi keeps on telling me na natatakot siyang umalis si Magui. Kaya nga namisunderstood niya ang payo ko at hinarang niya yung concert. Mahal na mahal niya yung tao kaya nalilito ako kung bakit niya pinakawalan."

"What else do you know, Stel?" I asked her. Baka kasi may alam siyang information that might help the two.

"That's all that I know. Ashi loves Magui kaya ko nga tinulak ng tinulak eh. Pinag-audition ko pa sa pagiging leading lady. Kung alam ko lang na magkakaganito edi sana hindi ko na pinilit." Stella was blaming herself for Ashi and Magui's current misery.