chapter 4. a very shocking surpise

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4- ᴀ ᴠᴇʀʏ ꜱʜᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢ ꜱᴜʀᴘɪꜱᴇ

𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙞 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙣𝙪𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧

"𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘦. 𝘪'𝘮 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘺. 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘪 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘰"

...

"oh, (y/n)!" you heard a familiar voice say something, a voice that didn't belong in your school. mikey, draken, and takemichi were playing about in the hallway. there were a lot of people fathered around wondering at the strangers. your eyes widened as you realized something unpleasant was about to happen.

"mikey, draken, what are you doing here?" you  rushed over to the three and asked anxiously.

draken placed his arm around takemichi and stated, "we want to hang out with him"

you nervously laugh, "you two do know we are at school right now... you can't be here!"

"why is hanagaki and (l/n) all buddy-buddy with mikey?"

"who are those two? they're so hot!"

whispers among the surround students flutter throughout the hallways.

"hold it right there!" hinata yelled, and everyone heard her. takemichi was both astonished and terrified. you already knew it was going to be a lot worse than you had imagined. you swiftly fold your hands together, "dear Lord, i hope that hinata doesn't get herself killed in this siutation..."

hinata seemed furious, while draken and mikey were confused. she walked fiercely towards the four of us, hands clenched, and smacked him without hesitation. draken was enraged, and he seemed as though he was about to kill hinata.

"takemichi, let's go," she said as she moved up to him and took his hands. "you must not comply with their demands." hina says in a serious tone, a tone that she rarely uses. she turned back to you, "you too (y/n)!"

before she could take another step, draken grabbed hina's arm and said, "i'm going to murder you, bitch," he said it in a solemn tone that made you feel intimidated.

"you're going to slap someone and then leave? don't make me laugh. can you tell me what part of this is a joke?"

you wanted to put a stop to it before it got out of hand, "hey-"

"coming into their school and forcing someone to go with you isn't something a friend would do," hina tightened her grip on takemichi's arm, "takemichi has been covered in wounds lately, and if you're the reason for that, i won't forgive you." it was unusual seeing hinata in such a state. but, you can't help but smile when you witness her stand up for her lover.

"and if you guys are picking on a girl as sweet as (y/n), then you should be ashamed of yourselves!" she said, her gaze shifting you, uh-oh.

"hina, no, they aren't harming me in any way. let's just talk about this later..." hina is aware of your relationship with mikey, but she has no idea what he looks like or that he's in a gang.

"let her go," takemichi says has he clutches draken's shoulder with his free arm.

"who the fuck do you think you're talking to?" draken said, lowering his head.

"i ain't going to give her up a second time!" takemichi said, his face serious.

"a second time??" you thought.

mikey approached takemichi and was about to punch him in the face. he went through the motions, and you flinched understanding the force of the hit, "just kidding!" he wore a wide grin on his face. takemichi was on the verge of tears and was shaking, "takemichi, you dummy," mikey said. he made eye contact with you, "there's no way i'd ever lay a hand on a girl," he said as he headed towards the door.

~~~~~

"please accept my heartfelt apologies!!" hina bowed and said.

"i'm sure i misunderstood everything!" she was attempting to reassure mikey while cautiously doing so.

mikey smiled as he raised his right arm to his face, when hina slapped it, saying, "that was a great slap." hina is sorry for causing mikey and draken so much grief.

"it's okay to do your best for the man you love," mikey added, "but don't get carried away."

Straightening her stance, "yes!" hina says.

"(y/n), i'm talking to you too!" mikey said as his focus turned to you.

he gave you a kind smile. "oh, right!" hina exclaims, her eyes brightening.

"(y/n), you mentioned that we'd meet mikey soon! I'm interested to see the boy who stole your heart!" she gave you a kind look.

awkward silence...

mikey looked at draken, and draken looked at mikey. "yeah..." you laugh awkwardly.

you pointed to your boyfriend, "...that's Mikey... my boyfriend" mikey waved to hina when you pointed at him.

her jaw dropped and she bowed once again. "i am very sorry!!" she apologies once again.

"things might've been bad if you'd slapped someone who would fight back, you know?" mikey laughed as he pointed at hina. she did nothing except nod her head.

"i'll be leaving then," hina beamed as she turned around.

"how about our date?" takemichi said, his arm raised in the air. he inquired.

"for the time being, we can postpone it. because your friends went out of their way to hang out with you." she gave them a kind grin.

"bye-bye! don't slap me next time!" mikey gave hina a friendly wave.

"i should get going too!" you said after hina.

"goodbye, everyone!" you waved and smiled.

"bye-bye, (y/n)! make sure your friend doesn't slap me next time!" mikey said.

"i'll try!" you laughed.

you and hina went back inside the school. "what a nice girl. it's rare to see one like that. be sure to take care of her."