Kidnapped

I edited this just a little... It didn't really need much, but I hope you enjoy it :)

“IZZY! Turn that blasted noise down NOW!” Dad screamed up the stairs. I rolled my eyes. I reached over to the stereo and turned the sound down. I needed to be on my parent’s good side so they would let me stay out later tonight. The first party of the summer, I was soooo not going to have to leave early.

“Thank you!” Dad called.

I stood up and stretched. “Time to go kiss up to the parents,” I said.

Sliding down the banister I landed in the kitchen with my mother giving me a dirty look. Dang it, not how I wanted to start. I scolded myself.

 “Hello Mother, how are you?” I asked hugging her.

“What do you want?” She moaned. Surprise, she was on to me.

“Meagan’s party is tonight, as you know, and I was wondering if you could extend my curfew just for tonight.” I asked sweetly.

“Izzy we talked about this! We don’t want you out that late.”  She said tossing down the spoon she was stirring pancake batter with, I was missing breakfast for dinner. Darn it.

 “Mom, come on! You trust Jace, Dad trusts Jace, and I trust Jace. He’ll get me home safe.” I argued.

 “We’re already letting him bring you home, which I am seriously regretting, don’t push it.” Mom scowled.

“Fine,” I snapped and ran back upstairs.

 I picked up the phone to break the news to my boyfriend that we had to come home early. I was seriously wishing I had my cell phone right about now, but no. I guess since I failed Spanish I did deserve it. At least I would get it back tonight, in case of an 'emergancy.' Man was I good.

“Hello Mrs. Dawson is Jace there?” I asked politely when his mother answered the phone.

 “Jace,” I heard her shout. “That girl is on the phone!”

I rolled my eyes. Three months and she couldn’t remember my name.

 “Hey Iz, so what are our plans tonight?” Jace asked when he picked up the phone. I had told him that our curfew depended on my parent’s cooperation.

 “We have to leave at ten. My mom almost ate me for asking. We’re just lucky my dad isn’t taking us there and back.” I told him.

He laughed. “I’ll see ya soon.”

 I smiled. “See ya soon, love you.”

Jace laughed again. “Love you too, bye.”

I hung up the phone still smiling.

“That guy is an idiot,” Andrew said appearing in the doorway, “of course so were the last four guys you dated. Any guy that goes out with you is an idiot.”

 “Were you listening?” I shouted at him.

He flipped his mass of blrown hair. “It’s not my fault you decided to call your lover when I decide to call Brett.” He snickered.

“You’re so infuriating! Why can’t I have a normal twelve year old brother?” I shrieked.

"I am a normal twelve year old," Andrew said mockingly.

“Andrew, leave her alone and stop listening to her conversations.” Emma, my seventeen year old sister, said poking her head out of the bathroom.

 “Thank you!” I cried throwing my hands up in the air.

 “Andrew its time you grew up.” She added before disappearing back into the bathroom.

“I’ll get right on that mom.” He snapped.

 I slammed my door muffling the rest of their argument. I loved them both, but God were they annoying!

I turned to my closet with my hands on my hips.

“What to wear, what to wear?” I mused. “How about a mini skirt? No way would mom let me out of the house in that. Oh perfect!” I pulled out my favorite patched up shorts and a tee shirt that said “My boyfriend sparkles.” I grabbed my high-tops and started doing my hair.

“Izzy, Jace is here!” Emma shouted from downstairs. She sounded slightly annoyed. It always erked her how her and I were in the same class, being only ten months apart. It also erked her that I got the hottest guy in the class, the one she so deserately wanted. Mwahahaha.

“Dang it!” I shouted. My hair wasn’t straightened yet. I threw the unruly shroud of black hair up into a ponytail. My purple highlights stood out brightly. I ran down the stairs slipping on my shoes as I went.

“You look ho— awesome. You look awesome.” Jace choked as my father walked into the living room carrying his gun. I laughed; my chief of police father scared the crap out of Jace.

 “Relax, boy, I’m not gonna shoot you. Unless you have ideas that will make me wanna shoot you.” Dad said menacingly.

I decided to save Jace before he got himself shot.

 “Alright well we’re gonna go now.” I cried pulling Jace out the door. I stared into the summer evening. Something gleamed in the driveway. A brand new Corvette sat shining in the fading sunlight.

“Nice!” I said climbing into the passenger seat.

Did I mention that Jace was rolling in it?

“Oh yeah it’s awesome.” He said.

“How fast have you had it up to?” I asked eyeing leather interior.

“One hundred,” He answered.

“Are you going to try to go any faster?” I questioned looking up at him.

He stood by my door ready to shut it. “Maybe we could try tonight, just skip the party. Go somewhere no one will find us and go all out.” Jace smiled his crooked little smile and laughed.

“What did you just say?” My dad shouted from the door. He had only caught Jace’s last comment which to a father’s ears didn’t sound like what Jace had meant.

“Nothing Dad,” I shouted. Jace ran around to the driver side door and jumped in.

“You’re such an idiot.” I laughed punching him lightly. We pulled out of the driveway and headed off to the party before my dad could stop us.

POP CRACK POP CRACK! Everybody jumped back from the fire as Sam threw more firecrackers in.

 “Sam, stop it!” Megan shouted smacking her boyfriend. Everyone laughed as Sam swept her up and kissed her.

“Megan! What time is it?” Jace shouted above the music.

 “Oh Jace who cares,” I laughed.

 “Your father cares. I would like to keep my head attached to my body.” He said pulling me up.

“It’s ten,” Megan mumbled looking down at her phone, Sam still attached to her lips.

“Oh crap! See ya everybody!” I shouted following Jace to his car.

“Can I drive?” I asked leaning against the driver’s door blocking it.

 “Yeah I’m gonna let an unlicensed sixteen year old girl drive my brand new Corvette at night. That sounds like a really good idea.” He said moving me away from the door. I squeezed back between him and the car.

 “Please, I have my permit and I get my license next week.” I begged.

 “No Iz.” He said sternly.

“Fine,” I sighed, kissing him, I climbed into the passenger seat.