Chapter 21

Two-Bits burst into the villains' hideout angrier than ever.

"I got a problem! Those three chowderheads are smarter than I thought" he said.

"What happened?" said the Penguin.

"They know I gave the commissioner that ticket. And they somehow put together that I dropped the safe. They're bound to know this is a plot against Rose Grayson by now" said Two-Bits.

"Oh, curses and criminy! Now what?" said the Joker.

"We'll have to change the plans a bit. Now we'll have to do the kidnapping tomorrow night at the Actorville party" said the Riddler.

"You're mad, Riddler. Those rebels already know about the safe. They'll be expecting us to be in Actorville" said the Joker.

"Not if we kidnap them first" said the Riddler.

"Please tell me they don't know about your plan to get rid of Robin" said Catwoman to Two-Bits.

"No. They didn't dig deep enough to know that. So I'll take care of the Boy Wonder" said Two-Bits.

"Very well. But what about the Warriors? If they know, they're probably hot on our trail" said the Penguin.

"Again, they don't know what I'm really doing. And now that I have the Wiggles in my "law firm", they can vouch for me in case Batman and Robin know I dropped the safe too" said Two-Bits.

"Purr-fect. But how do we keep them from seeing us at the party if they'll be there and know why the safe fell?" said Catwoman.

"By kidnapping them, I just said" said the Riddler.

"But we can't just race in there and kidnap them. We need the element of surprise" said the Penguin.

"And I know just the thing" said Two-Bits.

"What?" said the Joker.

"Just this. To get to Rose Grayson, we're gonna have to pick those guys off one by one" said Two-Bits.

"Now why didn't I think of that?" said the Riddler.

"How purr-fectly smart of you, Two-Bits Benedict" said Catwoman.

"So each of us has to pick a child and kidnap them" said the Joker.

"Yes indeed. You three can do so. I'll stay here and listen in on our secret radio transmitter" said the Penguin.

"Got it. I'll take the little guy. It'd be nice to have a victim with a sense of humor for a change" said the Riddler.

"I'll take the girl" said the Joker.

"Why can't I take Green Bean? She's the one I know" said Two-Bits.

"Because you're distracting Robin from the scheme, Mr Two-Bits" said the Penguin.

"Oh, yeah. She's all yours then, Joker" said Two-Bits.

"Then I suppose that leaves Catwoman with..." the Joker began.

"Calvin; he's mine" Catwoman purred.

"Very good. Now all we have to do is wait until tomorrow because that's when the party is" said the Penguin.