22

Sienna doesn't appear in school for the rest of term. Her parents are determined that she rests at home and sorts out all the admin that is involved in keeping records of the abuse. Apparently both families have agreed that it will not be taken to the authorities as long as Parker stays more than a mile away from Sienna at all times and the family never has to see him again. 

The rumor mill runs wild with stories of her absence but the most prominent and carefully spread rumor is that her parents are taking her on a vacation as a reward for receiving perfect marks in all her grades. Which isn't far from the truth in terms of her academic records. The Christmas show is put on and everyone is shuffled through a highschool production, with the usual laughter and incredibility from the producers. How we managed to make it to the end of the play without a school wide melt down is beyond me. The teachers once more had higher hopes than the school has talent. I think everyone missed Sienna with the dancing fairies that ended up in a pile off stage and the flipping reindeer that lost an antler. It was a comedic 60 minutes. 

I am surprised when mom tells us that Sienna's family has invited us over for lunch on boxing day. Apparently they exchanged number on Halloween. Everyone is invited including Ethel and Bernard and I can't  help but be excited.  We have been texting non stop since I was at her house but I haven't  seen her and with the holidays everything has been super busy. I bought her a gift, a leather bound journey and a pen and wrapped it up nicely. Lizzy chose a gift for Max and I wrapped that up too.

Pulling on the new blue jeans I got for Christmas and a woolen jumper I let Jenny do my makeup, just for the Christmas spirit. Some light sparkling eyeshadow. I actually like it. Pairing it with some combat boots and my new chest warmer I feel cute and snug. It didn't  snow yesterday but according to the weather report any day now.

"Jenny! Tori! Let's go!" I grab the present and my room and bound out the room, nearly colliding with Jenny as we head down the stairs.

"Why you so excited?" She asks suspiciously  as we pile into the car, Lizzy already buckled in the middle. Ethel and Bernard are meeting us there. "I thought Sienna hated you again."

"No." I shake my head "We made up." Jenny wrinkles her nose but says nothing as our parents climb in and we begin the journey. The car filled with some nice food smells, my mouth watering for my mother's cooking. It doesn't  take long before we are pulling up in their driveway and piling at their front door.

Max opens the door a giant grin on his face.

"Hi Max!" Lizzy says holding out his present "we got you a gift."

"Yay!" He turns "Mom!" He turns back " we got you  guys gifts as well but they are under the tree."

"Max, let everyone inside!" Mrs Rose appears behind him, wiping her hands on  a tea towel "come in, come in." We are ushered in, pulled into hugs as coats are placed on the rack and her dad comes out and introductions are made. Sienna hasn't  appeared yet.

"Tori, won't you go get her, she is probably upstairs with her ear pods in." I nod turning to take the stairs two at a time.

Sure enough Sienna is lounging on her bed, ear pods on as she reads a book. It is weird seeing her so relaxed. She is dressed casually  in tights and a red jumper, her hair spread out around her head.

I knock and she turns, maybe also noticing the movement out the corner of her eye. I see her cheeks colour but she smiles and it is natural and warming. "Tori." Her voice sends goosebumps over my skin as I curl my fingers around her present. I hold it up to her and she grins, pushing herself up to sit cross legged on her bed and patting the space in front of her. I kick my shoes off and pad over. Mirroring her I hand over my present. She unwraps it carefully, pulling the journey out and with Featherlight fingers runs over the cover of it. "It is beautiful." She whispers before her eyes connect with mine and I feel light and heavy all at once. "Your present is downstairs."

"What did you get me?" She raises and eyebrow and I have to laugh because maybe some things don't  change. Clearly she still has some snark and I love it. 

"You will have to wait and see." We hear the doorbell ring and she grins "that Ethel?" I nod and she nods "great, I get to meet this famous big sister." She is off the bed, placing the journal carefully on her desk, and out the room before my cheeks become the cherry red I see in the mirror to the side.  Realizing that Ethel knows about my feelings and now she is going to meet her. I swallow before placing my cold hands on my cheeks and following her down.

Ethel is chatting happily to Sienna's parents as we appear in the room and their attention immediately turns to us. I am trying to appear nonchalant but Ethel's huge grin and Bernard's teasing smirk has my stomach in knots. 

"Ethel, Bernard, this is Sienna, Sienna." I point to each of them in turn. Ethel smiles as Sienna places a hand out to shake and with a laugh draws her into a hug. 

"You are so beautiful!" Ethel says happily before pulling away and running her eyes over Sienna who to my surprise goes deep red. This is amazing to see. 

"Thanks, you are too." She says her voice slightly above a whisper and Ethel's grin widens turning to me with a knowing smile, it is my turn to blush as Sienna looks between us. I want to murder Her. 

"Nice to meet you." Bernard says saying me and shaking hands with Sienna. The tension breaks as Mrs Rose calls us to get our presents and with an excited bounce I head over, accepting the present as everyone settles around the living room. I watch as my sisters open their presents, each on seems to be perfect. Lizzy gets some new light up trainers that have wheels under them as well as a water gun and Jenna gets the latest James Charles merch and some design books. I am in awe at the thought that was put into each gift. 

Opening mine I think my heart skips a beat when I realise what it is. "What is it?" Lizzy demands, peering over at my gift, my jaw has yet to recover.

"H-how  d-"

"Now that is a sight you do not often see, Tori speechless." Ethel jokes and the adults laugh, I glance up meeting Sienna's eyes, seeing the spark in them that lights a fire inside of me and reminds me I am in a room full of people with the most thoughtful gift held gently in my hands. Shoving my jumpers off in fast succession I yank the top over my head, it is baggy and goes mid thigh but I do not care. Jumping up as I examine the top. 

"This is incredible." I mutter glancing at Sienna's parents. "Thank you!"

Mrs Rose grins "Sienna told us you were a fan of Sue Bird and so when we learnt she was in town for a game we called in a favour with one of Ian's clients."

I bounce over to them, engulfing them in a hug, they chuckle as they squeeze me back. "I am never taking this off." I declare, spinning for everyone to see, Lizzy is still demanding why my short is soo cool. 

"You will when you nee to wash it." Mom says and I stare at her like she has lost her mind.

"You can't wash this, this is a signed shirt by Sue Bird, it will never touch the wash!" Shaking her head everyone stands up and Mrs Rose indicates that the food is ready, everyone trickles out the room. I am left examining the shirt and grinning. I love it.

"There is something else." I spin, watching Sienna as she heads over to my wrapping and pills something out of it, It is a jewelry box. 

"You didn't need to get me anything else, this is perfect."

"That was from my parents, and a little from me, but this is just from me." She hands me the box and I open it, heat blooming as I examine the delicate chain inside the box. There is a small basketball dangling and covered in orange and yellow crystals.

"Wow." She lifts it from the box and lifts it over my head, it dangles over my heart which beats a million miles an hour "Thanks, I love it."

"Thank you, for showing me I deserved more." I look into her eyes, swallowing when I see the intensity in them. "Thank you for sticking up for me."

I nod at a loss for words as I engulf her into a hug, welcoming her warmth as we embrace until we get called. I am feeling a little like I am flying amongst the clouds right now.