12

I think I will have to wait until Monday to see Sienna again but I am proven wrong when Saturday morning after a jog my phone rings, an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"I am picking you up tomorrow at 10." I know who it is  instantly, her voice is unique.

"What?" I pause in making mysepf a smoothie" how did you get my number."

"I have my ways." Is her mysterious reply. "Be ready."

"Where exactly are you taking me? And what if I have plans?"

"Cancel them." Is her short reply before she sighs asnif realising that she cant just inform me of my kidnapping and me not have questions. "My mom wanted me to invite.you to the family barbeque." 

"Aww, love Rose for that." I mean it, it is really sweet of her. I can tell Sienna is clearly not impressed by the idea but her mom must have worn her down. Hasnt she already proven she will do anything for her family.

"Parker will be there." Everything in me freezes like someone has come and poured an ice bucket over me. "Tori?"
I hate that I hear the vulnerability  in her voice. For a minute she us letting her guard down and it kills her.

"Okay."

"You can't  do anything. " It is a warning.

"Will leave my fire arms and weapons at home." I joke but from her silence she doesn't  find it funny. "I know, I won't. " suddenly I remember I have a car "I can drive-"

"-I will fetch you." She hangs up after that and I am left wondering if I will manage to keep my mouth shut. Ethel walks into the kitchen as I finish my smoothie .

"How do I lie?" I demand and she pauses raising her eyebrows.

"You can't. " it is a common fact. I am terrible at it. The proof is in the fact that the guidance counselor still gives me sympathetic smiles and kind words whenever she can, about her door being open. Ethel tells me My face shows it.

"But if I need to?" I ask urgently.  I do not want him to hurt her more than  he already  has.

"What's  going on Tori? " She asks sitting opposite me "Ever since I have been back its like  you have this huge decision to make and you not sure where to start."

"You know me so well." I joke and she gives me a pointed look "I promised I wouldn't  say, a friend of mine is going through something ."

"Something big?" I nod and she mirrors my movement.

"Maybe just stick to the truths then."

"What?"

"Like if someone asks you if you like their roast you can say 'Haven't  tasted anything like it!' With a smile and even if it is terrible you wouldn't  be lying
"

"That could work."

"Great glad we got your problem out the way, now what is this I hear about  you letting Lizzy watch TV when she isn't  allowed?"

"It was one time!" I defend and by the smile I can see she is teasing me so I stick out my tongue.

"Regretting the life sentence yet?" I tease back and she shakes her head.

"Of course not, it was one of the only decisions I was sure about. "

"I don't  understand but I guess that is my issue  not yours."

"Oh Tori," She laughs her warmth "Bernard is my person. He makes me feel like I am enough even when I shout or yell or get super moody."

"Well that is easy because you are nice, whereas if someone was willing to deal with my moods, well that would be insanity."