Two Years Later

My eyes were closed and covered by a blindfold. My mouth clamped down on the cold hard end of a spoon. An egg on my head, on the end of the spoon in my mouth and on the ends of two other spoons that were in each of my hands, out stretched and balanced at my sides. My right foot tucked up onto my thigh, with an egg balancing in between the skin of my foot and my pant leg. All as I balanced on one foot. While spinning on a board in the Ha'shi. Not as a punishment though, training.

I could hear the soft patter of steps circling around me. I breathed in and out listening to the steps and focusing. Splinter's tail whipped towards me, and I blocked the attack with my forearm. Keeping the egg on the spoon. His tail kept coming, and I kept blocking. I let out a hiss of breath when the tail, slapped into my stomach. I groaned slightly, keeping my mouth on the spoon.

    "Very good." Splinter praised. I could practically hear him thinking, as he ran his fingers over his beard. "Now switch. Use your powers to block me."

I gave a slight nod, so I wouldn't knock off the egg on my head. His tail slapped the board and made it spin around again. Making me loose any awareness I had of where I was facing. I waited and listened, breathing in and out slowly and quietly. His tail snapped and I stayed still, allowing my powers to fight for me. Left, right, back, front, center, side, behind. Purple tendrils of powers escaped my body, smacking the tail away from me. Splinter spun the board again and I nearly lost my balance. His tail flicked out towards me one last time, smacking into the side of my one standing leg.

    "Ow, shit." I cursed.

The spoon fell from my mouth, the egg fell from my head and the board slipped out from underneath me. I felt myself falling towards the floor, until I didn't. I managed to hover with the purple energy that caught my body and made me float in the air for a second, until I dropped it and landed lightly to the floor. Only letting out a small oof.

    "Told you she's a total Jedi." I heard Mikey whisper.

I lifted a corner of the blindfold and looked at the four turtles standing in the doorway staring at me in amazement. Splinter chuckled and walked over towards me and offered me a hand which I gladly accepted. I pulled the blindfold off my face completely and the scrunchy from my (H/c) hair, letting it loose and down my back.

    "I must say, you've almost achieved perfect balance between yourself and your powers." Splinter nodded at me proudly.

    "Thank you, Sensei." I nodded back at him and grabbed my water bottle, squirting some of the cold liquid down my I gasped refreshed. "I guess that's what two years of training will do to you." I chuckled.

    "You have done well, my dear. That was almost a 12 hour session."

    "11 hours, 32 minutes, and 19 seconds. That's your best record yet." Donnie calculated for me and I grinned at him.

I walked back over towards the board and picked up the five eggs that represented the five of us as a team from the ground.

    "How many did you break today?" Raph smirked smugly while I checked them all over.

    "None, you big doofus. How many did you crack earlier?" I retorted with a small snort.

I smirked as I showed him all the eggs I managed to save. Raph grunted, knowing earlier he crushed two of the five, during his training exercise. I snickered and walked towards the doorway, where Leonardo was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He still hadn't spoken, and that was normal for him. His big blue eyes watched every move I made like a hawk. I bit the bottom of my lip gently as I passed by him to walk further into the lair.

Everyone knew now that we were together. It's been almost two years since Leo asked me out that night. Splinter, was actually quite supportive. He said that our quality's were like yin and yang, balancing each other out. We were good for each other and made one hell of a team. April, was shocked and yet not all at the same time when we confessed it all to her. She was just glad that we were happy.