Escape From The Estate

Leo twisted his body and his shell smacked into a tree, breaking it in half and slowing us down. We fell straight to the ground with a great big thud into the snow with lots of groans. I landed on top of Leo and we were staring right into each other's eyes again. My hair a mess, surrounding his face. Close enough to wear if either of us moved we'd be kissing. Our breath's blowing gently on each other, in small puffs in the cold winter air.

    "Are you okay, Leo?" I breathed heavily.

    "Yeah. Yeah, I'm good." He groaned slightly tilting his head to look at me better. "Beautiful..." He mumbled and pushed my hair back behind my ears.

    "What?" I whispered, cheeks turning pink. Because even though he definitely didn't mean for me to hear it. I did.

    "N-Nothing!"

We both laid there for a moment to catch our breath. I breathed heavily and quickly leaned my head down into the crook of his neck, shoulder and shell without even thinking. He stiffened at first, before bringing up a hand and resting it gently on my back. If I was trying to deny having feelings for him before. I definitely couldn't now. My heart was about to beat right out of my chest. I definitely liked him and definitely shared a connection to him.

~

    "Vern, go, go, go, go! Vern!" April demanded terrified from the cab of the eighteen wheeler that dangled over the edge of the cliff.

    "I'm on it!" Vern switched the truck into gear and it slid on the slippery slope, beginning to fall down the hill further instead of crawling back up like he'd planned.

    "Vern, hit the brakes!" April gasped.

    "Wrong way! Wrong way!" Vern struggled.

    "Leo! Y/n! Hate to interrupt this tender moment, but move, move!" Donnie's voice called out towards us.

I picked my head up at the same time as Leo and we turned to see the truck starting to barrel down towards us. He wrapped his arms around me, giving me an apologetic look, before rolling towards the truck. I held on tightly making myself as small as possible against him, groaning slightly as all his weight rolled on top of me. His face was even closer now as the truck rolled over us, barley not touching the undercarriage. Leo tucked his head into my neck.

    "Sorry!" He whispered.

His hand tightened on me again and as the truck was still passing over us, he rolled out from underneath, just before the next set of wheels. We tumbled out and rolled over and over each other, until Leo landed back on his shell and I flopped down onto his chest again with a small grunt.

    "Guess we're riding shell down the hill!" Leo exclaimed as we started speeding down the hill unwillingly. I tucked my head down to keep out most of the harsh bitter wind. "Hold tight!"

    "I'd guess so! What did you think I was doing? Letting go!" I yelled against his chest.

    "Opposite! Opposite, opposite!" Vern exclaimed turning the wheel and forcing the truck to turn around, facing the correct way as they powered down the hill.

    "Oh, no!" Mikey groaned, holding on tightly to the roof.

    "How far off course are we?" Raph asked Donnie, trying to steady himself inside the back of the cargo container.

    "Actually, we're on a bit of a short cut. But we need to keep going down. Straight down!" Donnie informed him.

Mikey heard the information and crawled to the front of the truck and poked his head down to the windshield.