The One With The Video Tapes

We ran all the way home to our apartment. Running straight for April's room and checking everywhere. Under her bed, and ruffling through the closet.

    "You could move stuff nicely!" April huffed and I started throwing her clothes out of my way.

    "Oh, stop. You'd be doing the same if you were in here. Just get ready for these boxes." I rolled my eyes. "Leonardo, Raphael, Mikey and Donnie. There's. No way, right? I mean it has to be a coincidence?"

    "I don't know. I don't think so, Y/n."

    "Here! Here! I got it!" I said excitedly pulling out the box and handing it to her.

April placed the box on the floor and ripped the cover off. Frustrated as she tried to go through the massive amount of paperwork inside it, she quickly turned the box upside down, dumping the contents. I started shuffling through the papers until I found a notebook with the name Project Renaissance on the bottom.

    "April, right here." I said quickly and began flicking through it.

    "Wait! Go back. Right there." She gasped as I turned the page back. I gasped too seeing the same symbol that the turtles had been leaving behind.

    "It's them. This is an old Japanese symbol and look, A. It stands for family." I smiled happily at her.

    "Here's our old video camera." She chuckled, putting in one of the tapes.

She turned the camera on and the video started out on 10 year old April and 5 year old Y/n.

   "Good Evening. This is April O'Neil, and my sister Y/n O'Neil, reporting live from our Daddy's lab." Little April showed up on the screen, before she panned the camera over towards little Y/n. I was stuffing my face with a piece of pizza, and waved at her. "I know it sounds pretty boring, but actually, he does some pretty cool stuff."

    "Time to put the camera away, April, Y/n." Dad turned around as she had panned the camera in his direction.

    "Aww, Daddy! We just got started!" Little Y/n, complained, making Dad chuckle.

    "Dad." I sighed, a sting in my heart. Pinging from missing him. April squeezed my hand. I turned to look at her and tears were in both of our eyes. She fast forwarded the tape, before seeing April and I playing tag in the lab.

Little April and Little Y/n ran around the lab. April holding the camera in her hands, it was a bit dizzying. April reached out gaining on Y/n tried to tag her, making her fall into one of the tables. Smacking her head roughly on the bottom. Little Y/n began to cry and Dad ran over, scolding April for hurting her, even though it wasn't just her fault. But in that moment my squeaky little voice cried out and blamed her for pushing to hard.

I reached up and touched the spot where I knew I had a small scar, just underneath my hair line.

Dad sat little Y/n on the counter and stitched up the cut, before giving me a lollipop. April was sulking at the table, with the camera still running.

    "She always get's all of Dad's attention." April whimpered, as she wiped her teary eyes. A sudden look of determination came over them and she reached forward for something.

    "We don't have to watch this." April shook her head and tried to fast forward. But I grabbed the camera from her and held it out of her reach while making it so I could see.

    "Just a little drop..." Little April chuckled. "I bet it'll taste super gross and that will teach her."

April held a little dropper over a piece of pizza she had pulled out of the box. The dropper had some sort of green liquid in it.