The End Is Just The Beginning

"Okay." Donnie walked over with a needle, he injected into Splinter's arm. "The mutagen is now entering his bloodstream."

    "Master Splinter?" Mikey asked softly.

    "Nothing's happening." Raph noted.

    "Why isn't it working yet?" Mikey scoffed.

    "Mikey..." Splinter said weakly as his body twitched.

    "Huh?" Mikey asked.

    "Mikey, come closer."

Mikey leaned his head down closer to Splinter's mouth and Splinter whispered something to him. They all waited as Mikey sat back up.

    "What did he say? What did he say?" Leo asked quickly.

    "He said, please get your knee off my chest." Mikey relayed the message and they all began to laugh, backing away slightly.

    "Sensei!" Leo chuckled.

    "You're, you're alive!" Mikey laughed.

    "It worked!" Raph grinned.

    "I'm sorry. This was all my fault." Leo's mood changed suddenly from happy, to solemn.

    "You were right. We weren't ready." Raphael sighed.

    "No." Splinter's eye's opened fully and he smiled up at his sons. "It was I who wasn't ready to let you go. All you needed was to discover that your true power lies in believing in one another."

Mikey mimicked a mind blown explosion at Splinter's words.

~

I had found my way to April and I hugged her tightly, explaining excitedly everything that had happened to me. She told me about how she brought Vern to an ambulance and they took him away to care for his gunshot wound but that he'd be fine after all. April suggested that we went and got some food and I agreed happily.

A few days past since we had taken down Shredder. We had all agreed that it was best to give the credit to someone else, so we could all keep to the shadows. I rode my skate board beside April, while she rode her bike down the dark streets of New York City. Onto the underpass where Vern was waiting for her, leaning up against his brand new car, since the Channel 6 news van had been destroyed. His arm in a sling to help heal his wound. I tagged along, knowing the turtles were supposed to be coming to pick me up later. That was if April would let me go.

    "There they are." Vern grinned as we came closer. "New York's secret weapons."

    "Ha, ha, very funny, Vern. I could still blast you, you know that? I'm not afraid to now." I chuckled.

    "I don't doubt that for a single second." Vern chuckled back.

    "How's your arm, Vern?" April asked through a chuckle of her own at our playful banter.

    "Well, it wouldn't be much use in a fight. Specially, against this one. Not that I was much use before, but..."

    "No, you're right. You wouldn't stand a chance." I smirked and crossed my arms across my chest.

    "Did you get a new car?" April asked, gesturing to the small black vehicle he was leaning on.

    "Yeah. You're looking at the new Fenwick Express. And O'Neil taxi cab." He chuckled, alongside us. "Pretty sweet, huh? Kind of an upgrade. I figured I'd need new wheels after my old work vehicle went boom. Yeah. Channel 6 gave it to me. They said 'Don't put a scratch on it.' But, like, lightening's gonna strike strike twice, right?" He scoffed and chuckled.