Mutants and Vigilantes

We took the highway right back to the lair and gathered around Donnie's computer systems. I had changed with the spare clothes I had here and examined the computer systems alongside Donnie.

    "I can't believe he just vanished. How is that even possible?" I asked curiously.

    "Wait, wait, wait. If I run the video from my shoulder camera through an electrostatic filter. We might be able to see what happened to Shredder."

    "Come on. Show me something, buddy." Leo approached behind me, leaning over my body slightly and looking up at all the monitors.

The video popped up after it finished loading and as the blue flash appeared, Donnie paused the video.

    "Look! Right there!" Donnie pointed out.

    "Is that... A portal?" I questioned narrowing my eyes to squint at the screen in shock.

    "It does appear to be some kind of rescue from a teleportation event." Donnie gasped.

    "Yeah, teleportation event residue, man. It's the worst." Mikey said making us all look at him, knowing he clearly had no idea what he was agreeing too.

    "Does that kind of technology even exist?" Raph questioned him.

    "Baxter Stockman's been working on this kind of tech for years." Donnie nodded.

    "All that stuff I pulled off Baxter's iPad, was full of information about Shredder and the Foot Clan. It was like a virtual playbook." I huffed and paced as the boys looked at me. "Baxter has to have a back up. And I'll bet you anything it's on the mainframe at TCRI. Donnie, I need something what do you got for me?" I asked.

    "Wait." Donnie raised one finger, and I could see the gears turning in his brilliant head. "I know exactly what you need." He ruffled through a box and pulled out a USB, handing it to me. "Totally plug and play."

    "Perfect. I'll go check it out." I grinned. I started to walk towards the porthole to exit the lair, when I heard footsteps following after me.

    "We'll go with. Operate in support." Raph said and I stopped to turn and look at the four following turtles sadly.

    "Wait, wait. The sun's coming up... You can't go outside. You'll be seen." I said gently.

    "You're not going alone." Leo shook his head forcefully and I shook mine back.

    "I'm a big girl and I can handle this." I said softly as I touched his cheek.

    "But..."

    "Leo." I sighed. "You guys have to stay safe and out of sight."   

    "Just..." He sighed too. "Be careful."

    "I will." I leaned up and kissed his cheek and walked out of the lair.

I found April at home and explained everything that was happening, making her try to get Vern on some more information for me. I let the boys know when I left later in the day to head to TCRI. Knowing they'd be still watching from a distance when night fell. If it even took that long for me to get in and out.

I travelled my way to TCRI and slipped a sweatshirt on my body, pulling the hood on my head. I walked into the front doors casually. But what was unnerving was that the front desk was empty. The monitors were flickering. There wasn't a security guard in sight. Made my job a hell of a lot easier, but meant that likely someone was here. I took my hood off and walked to the stair well.

I snuck into the back of the laboratory hearing voices that I knew all to well. Baxter, Shredder and the two goons who also escaped last night, that I'd seen were all over the news. Bebop and Rocksteady. I flicked open a metal panel that allowed my to see into the room.