A Family Divided

The turtles scurried back to the lair in shock of everything that just happened.

    "I can't believe she just did that..." Donnie shook his head in shock.

    "Yeah, bro. She just exposed herself, for us." Mikey pointed out with a sad sigh.

    "What are we doing down here contemplating what she did? We should be up there rescuing her! Or do you not care? Huh, fearless? Mr. My opinion is the only one that matters in this family." Raph scoffed. Leo immediately stopped and shoved a finger into his plastron chest.

    "Don't you dare tell me I don't care about her. I love her! You know why we aren't up there saving her? Because that would completely undermine everything she just did for us! You used her and got her exposed. She's no different from us. It's all your fault she had to do that in the first place." Leo hissed angrily and stomped off up the rest of the pipe.

~

    "It is all over the Police scanner, they are hunting you." Splinter walked towards the boys as they entered the lair. He eye'd each one of them while the monitors still spouting off the Police Scanner behind him. "What happened up there? Where is Y/n?"

    "Tell him, Raph." Leo scoffed angrily. "Tell him how you broke rank and got us all exposed! For the most selfish reason! Y/n's not here because she exposed herself to allow us to flee." Leo laid out every word painfully, angrily as he held up the canister of purple ooze for Master Splinter to see.

    "The foot were gonna get their hands on it!" Raph yelled.

    "You didn't know that!" Leo huffed walking away with the purple ooze.

    "Stealing from Police Headquarters. There's no scenario where you wouldn't get caught!" Donnie exclaimed, hands on his head as he worried.

    "Maybe if you hadn't lied to your own flesh and blood!" Raph shouted.

    "Oh, wait. The way you lied to Y/n?" Leo scoffed. "And now she's taking the fall for your mess. Exposed herself for you."

    "You should have seen the looks on their faces..." Mikey said quietly. He took a seat on the ground across from Master Splinter and Leo walked over to them. "They weren't just scared. There... There was actual hate."

Leo shook his head and let out a soft snort before walking away. Splinter placed a gentle hand on Michelangelo's shoulder in comfort.

    "It will be all right, my son. People fear what they do not understand." He assured him and then followed after Leo. "You can't walk from this." Splinter informed Leonardo.

    "I told him, Master Splinter. But, Raph, he never hears a word I have to say. Now, I knew they couldn't handle the truth about the purple ooze, and you know what, they proved me right." Leo scoffed.

    "Leonardo." Splinter shook his head.

    "I don't know what to do. Donnie's nose is in his computer, Raph's brains are in his biceps, and Mikey's head's in the clouds! Y/n's focused on pleasing everybody and now she's stuck up there. Probably scared and definitely alone. Who knows what they're doing to her. Now, our group is divided even further than normal. I can't get them all on the same page. To think with one mind."

    "Y/n, is a strong girl. I've already notified April and she's on her way to help her. And you shouldn't want them all to think the same. It's their different points of views that make the team strong. A good leader understands this. A good brother and boyfriends accepts it."

Leo looked down at the floor at Master Splinter's word, seriously taking them in. A beeping sound occurred through the lair and Donatello's voice echoed through the halls.