The Vigilantes Are...

I jumped up onto the fire escape and pulled down the stairs for April, not waiting to scale up them quickly.

    "Y/n, wait!" April hissed quietly, doing her best to keep up.    

    "I did that! I swope that room!" The deeper of the voices who had the red mask cheered.    

    "Yeah!" The other cheered and I could hear them giving each other high fives the closer I got to the top.

    "Yeah, bring it in boys!"

    "That was amazing. You guys were incredible! And did you see the girl? With the purple fire hands? That was, wow!" The purple one cheered as I spied over the edge of the building.

I saw four total figures as I had before. But, they were still hidden in the shadows and I couldn't quite make out what exactly they were.

    "Yeah we did! She was Wowza!" The orange one laughed.

    "Great elbows, Donnie! And you're right she was amazing." The blue one cheered.

    "Heck, yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" The red one joined into to their man fest of bro hugs and high fives. "This is our city! These are our streets!"

    "You mess with us, you step into the Wu, Whoo, tang!" The orange one high fived the others.

I did my best to hold in my snickers at their child like behavior. April slowly climbed up beside me and I allowed her to share the last of the ladder. She peeked over and gasped quietly.

    "Did you see that guy's jaw connect with the concrete? And when she waved her hands and the other guy flew into the wall?"" The red one laughed.

    "A lot of them will be drinking out of a sippy cup for months!" The purple one agreed.

    "Oh, that's what I'm taking about brothers. Like shadows in the night. Completely unseen."

They went to high five again, but a camera shutter and flash went off. They froze stiff, mid high five. Even I froze, slowly turning to look at April with wide eyes.

    "Seriously? Didn't you learn anything down there?!" I hissed at her quietly. Slowly turning my attention towards the vigilantes again. April's breathing picked up nervously.

    "Did you see and hear that?" The orange one whispered.

    "It was a voice and a camera flash." The purple one replied back in a whisper.

    "We know it's a camera flash and a voice. A girl's voice, I might add, that we just heard." The blue one hissed at his brothers. I gulped realizing that they knew it was me.

    "Yeah, but who's behind the camera flash?" The big red one whispered.

    "By my calculations it's another girl." The purple one whispered and relayed to his brothers.

    "Now we gotta kill them." Orange whispered to the others.

    "What?" The purple one gasped.

    "With kindness!" The orange one scoffed.

    "Go, go, go." I whispered to April, hearing the kill comment. I leaned to the side and allowed her to start to climb down.

    "Give them some flowers, earn their trust." The Orange one explained further.

    "I got this!" The red one's deeper voice grumbled and shivers shot up my spine as I began to climb down after my sister.

    "Raph, no, no, no!" The leader hissed at him.

Suddenly a chain wrapped around my waist and I grunted.