36| Lied

Estrella

"What do you say, shall we go and look at Esmeralda now that everything is clear?"

I nodded, half-asleep while he talked to me but I let air hear him.

"You're not paying attention, I see, mi esposa?" He questioned, and I nodded in agreement again, only to hear his scowling chuckle before I finally give in to my sleep and slept right on the breakfast table, over my sandwich.

What soft and cloudy pillow?!

"Sleepyhead, wake up. I will be in my office for an important meeting, eat something before sleeping again." Showing him a sleepy thumbs up, I closed my eyes again, only to jolt up with a shriek of my phone.

"What the fuck?!" Cursing and soothing my beating heart, I picked up my phone, totally awake with the scare of the morning dose.

"Hello, who am I speaking to?" I whispered, frowning.

"Tia, I am Andrea..." My eyes widened, hearing him sobbing. I stood up in my seat, astonished.

"Baby, what happened? Why are you crying and whose number is this?" I asked panicked.

"Tia, Madre is bleeding. Please, come here... P-Padre..." and then the line went silent. I kept on shouting for Andrea or Esmeralda, but no voice until another shuffle proceeded and this time, an elderly voice resounded.

"Hello, Marchetti Mansion. Who do you want to talk to?"

"Where are Esmeralda and Andrea? What happened?" I asked, not caring what she thought.

"And who are you?" The woman asked me skeptically, but I was getting angry. "Who am I, is not your concern..." I don't want to reveal something and if Esmeralda is hiding for a reason, then don't want to have it messed up and push her into the arms of danger.

"Tell me what happened?" I impelled.

"Sorry, Miss, but I cannot inform you without Master Mariano's permission, please call when the master is at home." She ended the call, and I slumped in my chair, but my mind was accelerating at the moment.

Mariano Marchetti, is it?!

Opening the google, I typed the man's name, and finally, it appeared. Mariano Marchetti, the Sicilian billionaire, and son of the Prince of Sicily. I searched about his family information, and only the account of a mother was shown, while no information regarding his wife or child got registered, but it sure is in the news, the rumors that he might be married because, in all of his picture, he had a wedding ring in his ring finger, not an expensive ring to match his bank balance and status is I must add, but something enough to let me add two and two together because the ring showed a resemblance to the cheap ring I spot in Merald's finger.

Then the news was about his love interest to be his step-sister who is now divorced.

I couldn't understand a single thing but I was aware of this much, Esmeralda needed her family right now. And she will get it.

I rushed upstairs to the office of Enrique and barged inside. He was discussing something on the video call, but looking at me, excused himself, giving a 10-minute break to everyone.

"What happened amor?" He asked, coming to me and cupping my face, while with heavy breathing I told him everything I heard. I was panicking. Every word of Andrea hammering in my mind, and Esmeralda was bleeding.

"Shhh... calm down. Calm down. You did great, okay. Finally, at least we know where to go, so you did amazing work. Thank you, mi esposa." He whispered hugging me as my frantic breathing slowly calmed only that a sudden urge to puke blasted thinking of murder and blood, then whatever happened 2 years back, it came rushing into my mind. Losing someone was very hard, and I understood it at that time. That lost soul to be my own unborn child's.