17| Mastermind

Enrique

"I did as you told, Dante... I told Rosa that I want to give us a chance, but fuck you man, why do I have to do this?"

"Oh, don't act all coy and timid, brother. You're anything but that, and well, Ella will be fine. At least she will have you once we expose her father's treachery. He really betrayed his own daughter. And appointed someone else as the company's CEO. Damn, she is working her ass off for taking over his reign and he betrayed her."

I grumbled hearing him speaking with rage, because a matter of fact, it even affected me. When Dad broke this news to us, I couldn't fathom what Rosa went through, only to come across this fraction of astonishing news that she doesn't know a fucking thing her own father is doing behind her back.

"But you know, right? I cannot-"

"Oh please, Enrique. Stop lying to yourself. Do you think that I don't know, why loving Valentina has become a neon-colored banner in your life? Brother, we're in this together. Understand it, Valentina will see her days of trash soon and behind the bars." His voice resonated across the line, while keeping his phone over the table of my study, I put the call on speaker.

"How things are going? Where is she?"

"At her friend's house. Daniella Garcia. Before the last exam she'll return because she has to study some topics and I have to teach, else apart she doesn't want to see my face and I think after what I did and she went through, no normal person would want to."

"Tell me truthfully, Enrique. Have you really never felt an ounce of feeling for her, not a speck as well?" His smirk was way evident in his tone.

"Oh, shut up. I'm just protective of her because she is a nice girl, but feelings..." I paused, contemplating if it really was what I felt or not.

"Cat got your tongue brother? Well, no worries, you'll have your answer very soon. Goodnight, Ricky."

"Goodnight, Dan."

We both chuckled and I hang up the call before proceeding to deal with the mergers and other files.

Fuck, I cannot concentrate after what I did to her that day, it's been over a week now since my atrocious act after which she left straight in the morning to stay at her friend's house but God, help me. Just a taste of hers has got me berserk to do what I told her.

All the charade was intended to make her believe my words as per what Dante and I have planned but somehow, I feel like I have trapped myself for uncontrollable shit by agreeing to it.

That velvety skin of hers, that musical moan, fuck... fuck... hell fuck, now how am I supposed to get over with this boner of mine that keeps bulging the second she crosses my mind.

It fucking will be going to be tough around her when she'll return and I don't want to become a monster.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Come in."

With my permission, Mike enters the room with the gardener tailing behind him. I looked at them once the gates were shut close, my lips pulled over in a smirk.

"So, you did well but that's it. I want him out from here, get him settled in a different estate but not here anymore." Commanding Mike, and drawing out the checkbook, I signed a reasonable amount for the man and handed Mike to give him.

"And yes, remember you did nothing, saw nothing. Okay?" The gardener hastily nodded his head and walked out with Mike while I stared into the space, thinking how I planned all this, ordering Mike to have the gardener scare, Rosa.