18| Reyes

Estrella

"Tia, I want to go with you. Pwease," Nolan was being hard as he started crying once Daniela told him, I am leaving. Truthfully, my heart as well ripped to shred knowing that I have to leave this boy. Playing with him, cuddling him to bed until he falls asleep, and just about anything and everything seems so fun, but I still have to leave.

"Baby, it isn't like I won't be going to come again." I rubbed his cheeks and wipe those big fat tears while my own eyes glittered with unshed ones.

"Just for two days, pwease," He spoke with pouted lips and broken dialect that made me smile as I gave Dan a side look who shrugged her shoulder, leaving the decision to me.

"Mumma is going on a business trip for the weekend and I'll be finished with my exam in two days as well, so fine, come with me for the whole week, okay?" I asked and he loudly started hooting and dancing around. The big grin broke on his face and I smiled too.

"Dan, please pack his bag. I'll be leaving soon."

Dan was quick to work around and pack a suitcase sufficient for Nolan's stay with me for a week, with every necessity that I would need to take care of him.

"Would you mind taking Oliver and Lola with you as well? Luca sucks at taking care of them, and he is least responsible in their case too, cause all I know is that he would spend his half time in the library and the other half partying."

I laughed as she snarled, and Luca threw daggers at her.

"I am very responsible."

"My ass, responsible. You made Nolan eat milk chocolate, knowing well he was lactose intolerant." She sharply gave him an earful, and he grimaced, remembering how Dan cried all night out of the hospital room when doctors treated Nolan. The little boy passed out after severe diarrhea.

The problem is, that Nolan's unknown father is lactose intolerant which caused him to inherit the same, and Dan may not have it, but her mother has, which made her a carrier of the faulty gene.

"No problem, Dan. I know all about Nolan, and nothing would be a problem for me to take care of him." I assured the mother in her and she smiled before handing me the packed suitcase and hugging her little boy, kissing showers thereafter.

"Luca, will you hand me Oliver and Lola in their carrier bags?"

"On it, princess." He winked before going to fetch the little kittens.

Smiling with a last goodbye, I sat in the car with Nolan and the kittens while the chauffer sent by Enrique put all the suitcases and stuff in the back of the car.

I know taking Nolan is dangerous because he might tell Dan and Luca about my stay with Enrique and I finally have to confess to them my relationship with the man, but that is a problem for later because right now, I am looking forward to a fun weekend with my said nephew.

Soon we reached the mansion and Nolan was dancing with awe to see he has a large ground to play on.

"You liked it?"

"Your house is sooo... big. I love it!!!" He exclaimed, clasping his hands together with glee and I laughed, ruffling his head.

Once we stood on the porch of the house, as the driver was busy loading out the suitcases, I took the carrier bags of Oliver and Lola and holding hands with Nolan, took him inside. We walked to the garden, and I hoped to see my honey buns since I left them under Enrique's care before leaving.