29| My Lucky Charm

Enrique

"Hey, mom, what's up?" I smiled at her politely while the maids rushed to take my suitcase and bring it back to my room. I spotted Valentina sitting at one of the living room couches having tea while Flora ran to Dante who sat on the lounge chair, working on his laptop.

"Ricky, what happened?" Mom asked me, cupping my face with concern. I silently shook my head, saying nothing but the fact that my eyes were red from crying for almost a week, each day continuously before I wrapped up and came back to Seville must have taken the attention unwanted.

"Enrique, you alright?" Valentina faked her concern, and I snorted at her gesture. Paying no heed to the so-called goodness she portrays.

"I am alright, tired from work, my beautiful mom. Everything is just fine." I tried to lie to her, only that I failed miserably. Lying and hiding your emotions from a mother is the hardest, just like the sun cannot rise at the night, simply you cannot hide from the mother anything.

"We will talk Ricky, but for now, I am glad you came back on time. The new CEO of Leon enterprises is going to be announced this week and I hate to reveal that Rosa almost shattered hearing the news. We went to talk to Santino, hearing Rosa returned but the poor girl heard us by surprise, and then, she locked herself in her room."

Anger escalated my pulse. I looked at Date who confirmed with a nod, that what our mother said was nothing but the truth.

"I will talk to him as well in the evening. In no way, anyone would outcast my wife of her rights like that, I'll destroy whosoever would try to do so..." Through gritted teeth, I spat while mom gave a small smile before leaving me with my brother- and sister-in-law.

"Tsk... tsk... First, she fooled you, having a relationship with a much older man, and now, she is bewitching you as well." She smiled at me, finishing her tea and laughing. The older man prank, I know about it already. As for bewitching, it is anything but that. This woman, this bitch who knows that her own mother made a plan and had her-

"Enrique, we're ready for tomorrow's meeting. They're in for a surprise and we'll prove that incapable mysterious CEO, he isn't worth the game he just stepped into," Dante said and for the first time in the week, I pushed me to smile.

I won't let anything happen to Rosa's inheritance.

She worked for it, she will get it, with or without me by her side.

The evening came by swiftly, as I stood inside the house of my in-laws, waiting for Tio Santino and Tia Maria to appear.

"You're here, Enrique," the heavy metallic voice of Santino whispered the dominance as he came by, walking with Rosa and Maria on either side of him.

For me, the moment froze. I looked into those beautiful stormy eyes of my lover who stood so distant from me just because she believes her friend and not me for once. I never lied to her, Nolan is not my child and I know that. He may have a resemblance but he isn't mine. I broke no one's trust.

Why couldn't she believe me? Was my love that ice to her that would melt away because of the warmth others showered her with?

"Buenas Noches," I greeted them, while my eyes still lingered at my beloved wife who sat over the other couch beside her parents.

"What a surprise, I thought after trying to fight over the past two projects in Barcelona, you wouldn't show up again?" Santino spoke sarcastically, but with a grim smile, I just heard him speaking or maybe I even didn't for my eyes only raked over my beautiful wife. She looked gorgeous as ever but her devastated orbs stabbed me to death.