32

"Who are they?" Louis asks me. We're both on the couch and he's on my lap with his head in my shoulder. 

"They were people I used to be friends with," I reply. "I can promise you I never want anything to do with them ever again." 

"What'd you promise them?" 

"Some money."

"Why?" 

"Apparently I owed them money from using supplies like bullets and guns, stupid shit," I lie to Louis hoping he'll believe it.

"Oh, I see." Thank god he believed me. We just sit there in silence for a couple minutes. I listen to him breath, when the breathing slowly becomes soft snores. I yawn and get up carrying him to our bed. I lie him there and take off my shirt while changing into sweatpants getting into bed with him. 

I notice he's still wearing the necklace I gave to him. I smile and cuddle him a bit closer to me. All I want to do with the rest of my life is keep him safe. I want to watch him sleep, not in a weird way, but in an admiring way. I want to cook for him. I want to hear his laugh everyday. I want Louis. 

But I know I shouldn't. 

~

Louis POV'

I wake up and see Harry isn't by me. The shower is running, so I assume he's in there. I realize I haven't showered in days. I get up and stretch going over to the bathroom. 

"Is it okay if I join?" I ask Harry opening the shower curtain enough to pop my head in. 

"Yeah, come on in," Harry slides the curtain over the pole. I take off my clothes, along with my necklace, and hop on in. "I'm guessing you like the necklace?" He grabs me by hips and leans his head on my shoulder. 

"Yeah, like it that it's from you." He pulls away and says nothing. He keeps on washing his body and I'm confused by his response. "Did I say something wrong?" 

"No, don't worry about it sweetheart." He steps out of the shower leaving me all alone. I try not to hold back tears as the bathroom door closes behind him. I'm so stupid. I'm stupid for thinking he could ever like me more than just sex. I'm stupid for answering the door 2 months ago. I'm stupid for not fighting back. I'm just stupid. 

I finish up in the shower and step out. I grab my clothes and toss them in the hamper. Clipping the necklace back around my neck I leave the bathroom and head into the bedroom with my towel still wrapped around me. I let the towel drop and grab panties along with shorts and one of Harry's sweaters. I put all my clothes on and pull my phone out. 

I haven't checked my phone since I came back home. My phone is pretty boring without the constant messages from Niall, but there are a few from Stan. 

Stan: Have you heard from Niall?

Stan: Hello?

Stan: Louis?

Louis: we need to talk in person about this

Stan: Is everything alright?

Louis: No far from it

Stan: Could I come over today? 

Louis: ya, text me before u come

Stan: Alright see you later Louis

Louis: bye

I set my phone out and let out a sigh. Harry enters the room looking down at his phone. "Stan is going to come over, he doesn't know yet," I tell Harry hoping he won't be mad.

"Oh, okay, I can tell him if you want," Harry looks up from his phone. 

"No, it's fine." We sit there for a couple seconds in silence. 

"Is that my sweatshirt?"

"Oh, sorry I can take it-" I get interrupted with Harry tackling me. I fall with him on top of me until he flips us around so I'm lying on his chest. 

"It looks cute on you," he whispers into my ear running a hand through my hair. I nuzzle my head into his neck, eventually falling asleep on him again. 

~

I wake up to Harry's voice saying, "wake up Lou, Stan's here." I yawn and stretch my arms before standing up. I rub my eyes and see Stan in the room with Harry and I. 

"Hey," I greet him while yawning. 

"What's up?" Stan sits next to me on the bed. I sit up, getting off Harry, and look at him. 

"So, um," I play with my fingers. 

"What happened?" Stan asked worried.

"Niall is, um," I look up at Stan and he looks terrified. "Dead." My heart breaks into pieces when I see Stan's face drop. The usually happy smiling face is now dull and shocked. 

"No, you're fucking with me," Stan shakes his head and gets up from the bed. "How?!"

"It's a long story-"

"How Louis?!" Stan yells obviously pissed off. 

"I can't tell you!" I yell back at him. 

"Why the hell not? You can't tell me this shit and not expect me to ask what's going on." 

"Someone killed him, okay?" 

"Who?"

"We don't know," I lie to him. 

"I swear, I'm going to kill that bloke myself." Stan is crying while Harry leaves the room to get a call. "I have to go Louis; I can't do this. I loved him, but he loved Liam. I bet Liam had something to do with this. I'm going to choke him." With that Stan's leaving. 

I lay there trying not to cry. I feel so bad for Stan, but I also miss Niall so much. I wish they would've killed me instead.