53: After all this years

Avneet stood outside the door. She is being hesitant to go inside. What if they ask,  'why are you here? What do you want?' what would she give as an answer. What would she say why is she here to meet Siddharth. Does she really deserve to come and see him after all this years..

Miss, can move a little from the door. I need to go in."

Avneet turned to see a nurse who just spoke. She moved away from the door and saw the nurse entering she had a tray in her hand. Which has some bowls in it maybe it’s food, she thought.

She peeked inside the room to see no one there. It’s lunch time so everyone must had went to have supper. The door got closed on her face. Ouch!..".She whined,

Gathering all her courage she opened the closed door and stepped in to see the nurse and siddharth arguing over something. Not noticing who have came he spoke,

Vaishu di (sister). Look i won't eat this... "

Siddharth's spoke with his week voice which was almost unheard.

Avneet who was standing still, she saw siddharth sitting on his bed it looked like even while just sitting he felt a lot pain. His body is wrapped with so many wires. Tears formed in her eyes, he has been going through so much.. Isn’t' he?

While not getting any answer siddharth looked at the door to find a avneet standing. 'I am imagining again.. Huh' siddharth thought. But it’s quite different from what he imagines the other days. She looked like a new avneet. As if this is how she would look if she was real. She looked quite life less seems she wasn’t living happily. She don't look like that bubbly avneet he knew before.

They shared an eye contact, avneet didn’t realize when tears rolled down. Siddharth looked away thinking that he started to imagine rubbish stuff again.

Missy, do you know him. If you do please make sure he eats this cause i had enough."

Saying this the nurse escaped the room not wanting to argue with this whole grown man who always whines over food. She didn’t signed in for this.

Siddharth stared clueless, 'is she real?'. No she can't be, she can't be here. But if this is not her then who?. He never knew cancer would also cause brain damage to him. Shaking away all thoose thoughts, he asked,

Are you real?........ Are you?"

Having no answer his week voice said again,

I knew i was imagining you are not real.. "

He chuckled softly. Shivers ran down avneets body after hearing his chuckles. He imagines about her. Tears came out aggressively she just couldn’t stop them. With a broken voice for the first time in a while,

I... I a..m re..al! "

Siddharth looked again. He seemed shocked, he deeply stared at her trying to process what is happening.

I.. am so..rry. I.. Should have been in here a lot earlier. "

Her voice shaked as she spoke. She took a step forward towards siddharth.

I know that you hate m..e. I am not here to,  to bother you. I just-"

I don't!"

Siddharth said unconsciously. But then he looked at her stared right into her eyes saying,

I don't hate you. I.. I will never do so"

He softly spoke. Avneet didn’t realize  how much she missed this man's voice. Hearing what he said at this point she was sobbing. What have she done she -she hated him while he says  he can never hate her.

Siddharth spoke again saying,

I should be the one to apologise, i left you clueless, i betrayed you breaking all out promises of staying together forever. I-I shouldn’t have done this things"

Tears rolled down as his week and now shaky voice spoke,

No..no, i should be the one who should apologise i-i,"

Avneets words got cut off by Siddharth as he started to speak again,

It's okey.. You didn’t knew any of the real reasons and what you did was reasonable. You needed to move on anyway. You couldn’t' just sit down cry over something that decided to leave long ago. What you did was right. You don’t need to feel guilty over it. I just hope you can live happily ever after..."

He wiped his tears with the back of his hand,

I care this much about.. me? The one who went on without looking back. I-i didn’t try my best in at least looking for you. I went on without hesitation with pure hate for you. While you were here knowing everything not hating on me rather you-you made yourself guilty with the fault. You say i did right?  Sorry but you are a blind for saying this."

Tears dripped down as avneet took a walk down her memory lane. What not she did that makes her guilty while this man stands still saying it's okey.

~

"Ahh.. Mr. Abhishek! You know right that how much your brother troubles me with his nitpicks about food and you think i will win over with his food arguments "

The nurse answered abhi's question with pure exaggeration. Also pointing with her hands. Abhi passed him a look of disgust which was unseen by her.

Then if you didn’t win then what did you do?"

Abhi asked again to the nurse who was busy checking her nails.

Ohh.. I, I escaped from there."

She gave abhi a smile and made her way towards the lift.

Wait... But what happened to his food?"

Abhi turned to ask her, she was already in the lift the door was about close but before that she said,

There is someone for visit. She will take-"
The door got closed. Even though she didn’t complete her sentence abhi understood that she gave her responsibility to someone else. Who knows what is that person going through.

Abhi walked towards the lift. He needs to wait for the lift to come. Seeing someone he said,

Ahh.. You are here early today"

~

Hello!  Look who came back!

Sorry for taking long but i needed to take break for my midterms. But it’s over.

Anyways, how were you all?  Hope you are doing well this days. Taking care of your health. And smiling brighter yk it looks good on you. Stay motivated no matter what.
You got this!

Also vomment for clear skin😉

Byeee!
Love yaa❤

[ I love _______ - let you keyboard finish this sentence]