Chapter 41: Reports and Retorts

TW/CW: Mentions and descriptions of sexual assault and rape.

Hollow footsteps echoed down the dark staircase, the quiet girl followed loosely behind her good friend. Quickly lighting a match, Hange lit serval candles inside her lab, brightening up the room.

Silently making her way into the old office attached to the lab, Hange continued to light the room, the silent girl following close. Resting her hands lightly against the back of a chair, (Y/n)'s gaze shifted down, her mind wandering off as Hange pulled out a notepad.

Fiddling her fingers slowly, the young girl chewed on the inside of her cheek, a bad habit she always had. Her eyes moved up at the sound of Hange clearing her throat, holding up a towel for her to take.

"You can go get undressed in that storage room if you would like, I'll wait in here." The woman spoke softly, her expression showing compassion to her friend.

The fabric dangled from Hanges hand, (Y/n)'s eyes stayed placed on the towel, still not making a move to grab it.

"Hange..." She whispered as her eyes moved up to the woman's.

"I know, I'm sorry... but (Y/n), I need you to understand, its either I do this now, or you have some stranger do it to you later. Because if I'm being honest with you, this whole situation is more then likely to go to some judge, and they will need a report. So its up to you, I don't have to if you don't want me to, but then it will just be pushed to later on with a stranger." She said truthfully, her words sending a painful punch to (Y/n)'s gut, though she knew Hange was right.

With a soft sigh, her hand reached up and took the fabric from her friend, exiting the room into a smaller closet, slowly starting to strip.

A soft twist of a handle, and the pained girl shyly walked back into the office, holding the towel on herself to hide her privates. Hanges eyes connected to the thick scarring along her arms and shoulders, slowly taking a breath in.

Nodding her head, the woman walked closer, "Okay, you can remove the towel when your ready." She said softly, her eyes looking up to (Y/n)'s, watching as the girls gaze stayed lowered.

Chewing in her bottom lip, the quiet girl slowly looked up to the brunette, her eyes showing her discomfort and pain, "This is humiliating..." She whispered, almost inaudible.

The woman could only sigh and purse her lips, knowing full and well she didn't want to do this anymore then (Y/n) did.

"I know... I'm sorry." Was the only thing she could push past her lips, hating the feeling of this whole situation.

A silent pause filled the room, both girls going quiet before (Y/n) spoke again, "Hange?" She asked, waiting for the sound of her friends hum of acknowledgement, "He didn't do it. Levi didn't do anything. He didn't hurt me. Ever." She whispered the last word, her eyes staying softly on the ground.

Hanges stomach dropped, "I know," she mumbled, stepping closer and wrapping her arms around (Y/n) who immediately melted in her embrace.

Hanges hand pressed against the back of her head, holding her close.

"I know he didn't... and I will be right here with you both until we prove that fact to everyone, okay?" Hange said softly over her shoulder, "I know it doesn't look very good for him, but I will fight until he is proven innocent. And until you are safe. Alright?"

(Y/n) nodded into her shoulder, appreciating her words. Letting go of her friend, she stepped back. Dropping the fabric slip from her body, revealing the fresh and scarred wounds that covered her, the worst areas already bandaged from the night before.