Chapter 22: A trip to wall sina

Stepping down from the stone stairs, her footsteps tapped lightly against the hard ground. The sun had only just started to poke itself up from behind the trees, casting a comfortable warmth from the cold winter air. December had raced up upon everyone quicker then expected, the air growing crisp and chilly, often raining and cloudy.

But this morning, the sky's showed a vibrant radiation of the suns awakening, bids chirping loudly as the fluttered about freely. The girl held a small bag to her side, the strap going over her shoulder. Inside this bag was her small about of belongings she would need for the next couple of days. All of the ODM gear had already been packed in case of emergency, loaded in crates on the back of the glamorous carriage waiting outside the headquarters.

Her captain who had already been outside, tossed his bag inside the door lightly, before turning and discussing something with the commander who stood nearly idly.

A pair of arms quickly found their way around (Y/n)'s waist, squeezing her tightly as the girl laughed in surprise, turning and finding her ginger haired friend. The two girls turned to face each other, giving a proper hug.

"Gosh you acting like I'm never coming back!" (Y/n) chuckled while still hugging her friend.

"What if you don't?!" Cora trembled dramatically into (Y/n's shoulder, her voice muffled.

"I'll only be gone for two days, plus I'll be in Sina, nothing crazy is gonna go down, just hanging around a bunch of old people." She groaned out, Cora finally releasing her from her grip.

"Yeah and Mr. Grumpy pants over there," Cora grumbled, nodding her head in his direction, "You packed condoms, yes?" She then asked seriously.

A shocked expression quickly appeared on (Y/n)'s face, "Cora- what?!"

"Hey just gotta make sure." She smirked back, raising her hands innocently.

Furrowing her eyebrows, (Y/n) scowled at her friend, Matthew now stepping up from behind Cora, "There will be no usage of condoms on this trip you hear me?!" He said sternly glaring at (Y/n).

"What, do you want her to get pregnant?!" Cora spun around to face the brunette.

"No! God no! What I mean, is that there will be no need for them! Because under no condition will you be under any sheets with that man alright?!" He shouted back, halfway through his statement before changing his attention back to (Y/n).

"Guys shut up! He's gonna hear you!" She yelled in a hushed tone, glancing over her shoulder and sighing with relief when she saw his attention was still focused on Erwin.

The girl quickly glared at her two friends, shaking her head slightly.

Cora quickly laughed before wrapping her arms around (Y/n) one last time, "Have fun." She smiled as the two parted and her friend acknowledged it.

Now turning her attention to Matthew, she watched as he awkwardly stood there not really sure what to do. Quickly stepping forward, she laughed at his shyness as she wrapped her arms around him in a quick gesture.

"See you later." She chuckled as they separated, turning around and spotting her captain who had his eyes glued like knives onto Matthews, holding a deadly glare. Matthew quickly looked away uncomfortably, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Almost ready to go (Y/n)?" Hange asked as she walked by, chucking at Levi as he looked away.

"I think so." She verified happily, smiling to her friends before following the exited lady towards the carriage.

As the two neared Erwin and Levi, they could hear the blond man wrapping up a conversation, "So you understand what your task is?"

"Yes." Levi replied back, his voice low as he looked from Hange then to (Y/n), making brief eye contact.