Chapter 11: Late night workout

One month later...

The young girl had found her first few weeks to have flown by quickly, daily training brought a purpose to her life and helped with her physical state. She trained among her new squad and grew relationships with each of them.

The loud dining hall was filled with people, dishes clinking together and chatter filling the atmosphere. The next expedition would take place in just under a week, so many people trained harder then before.

However for just this small amount of time, (Y/n) sat amongst her new friends enjoying the calm and simple meal.

Weeks ago, she had been introduced to her new squad. At the head of the table was Captain Levi's spot, the mysterious man who made her heart rate go up without even moving a muscle. However he rarely joined the table, usually in his office.

Sitting to (Y/n)'s left was Matthew, and to her right, her new friend Hange, who was a captain of her own squad. However this loud and weirdly smart lady had taken a liking to (Y/n).

The four others in her squad sat around her, including Eld, a man of not many words but much responsibility and wisdom, also the second in command of this team.

Oluo, a clumsy self confident man who seemingly attempted to act and behave as their Captain. He often started problems and conflicts, however his killing skills where admirable.

Petra was the only other girl on this squad, so of course (Y/n) had grown close to her. Petra seems to be a very kind and supportive member, she's always looking out for others in an almost mothering nature.

Lastly, Gunther sat quietly, he is a very respectable and reasonable man, he thinks things through and has compassion for the others.

(Y/n) sat picking at her food, thinking about the events that will take place in the next few days. Erwin has an expedition planned, he hopes to set up a base a few miles outside of the walls. That way during missions in the future, they will have a supply base. While out, Hange is looking to capture at least one Titian to run experiments on.

"(Y/n), your never going to make it out alive from that mission if you can't even eat your food probably." Matthew nudged her arm as she stared at the hard bread in front of her.

Glancing up to Matthew, she rolled her eyes before picking up the bread and taking a bite, cringing at the tasteless lump.

"Your not eating?? Are you feeling okay?? Maybe we should take you down to the lab-"

"No Hange, I'm perfectly fine. Just tired that's all, long night." The girl sighed rubbing her temple.

With a small noise of acknowledgment, Hange turned her attention back to one of the members from her own squad.

"Long night? Yesterday was Saturday, we had it off. I thought you went to bed early?" The ginger haired girl from across the table, looking at (Y/n) with a puzzled expression.

"Well, I mean yeah... I just wanted to get some extra practice in..." She trailed off, thinking back to the previous night.

Flashback, last night.

Beads of sweat dripped down the sides of her face, leaving a cold trail on her hot skin. Her breath growing heavier each strike she would take at the large bag in front of her.

The night had gone silent, the birds resting peacefully in nearby trees, recharging for the next day. Most windows only showed a pitch black shadow as the person inside rested, enjoying this day of relaxation before getting back to work.

A very soft breeze fluttered the tall grass in the neighboring field, the moon shining down onto the sandy lot where (Y/n) would strike and strike again.