Chapter 14: Stuck

The soft recurrent sound of water dripping, the cheerful song sang by the morning birds, the thin whistle from the wind leaking into the cave. The comforting sound of a heartbeat, these were all the sounds filling up the young woman's ears as she slowly awoke, her head resting lightly on her captains chest.

The warmth from their two body's along with the soft fabric of the thick cape kept the two snuggled closely. Throughout the night, Levi had woken her multiple times due to her head injury. However each time, her vision was still lacking.

Though on this occasion, she slowly opened her eyes. The warm sunlight had creeped its way through the stone walls, providing light. Her eyes lazily wondered across the room, then down as she studied the stone ground. Her eyes traveled onto the bare skin of an arm, an arm which was wrapped comfortably onto her own body.

Quickly her eyes widened, realizing her position. She was sat sideways, curled up onto his body with her head resting on his shoulder, his arms wrapped around her.

With one quick jolt, she turned her head to look at him, leaving the warmth of his chest. Once she moved, his head slumped down slightly, his face at peace as he rested, eyes closed softly.

However from the sudden movement, he slowly stirred awake. The man's eyes opened slowly, lazily traveling up to meet with her eyes.

"Jeez, how long have you been staring at me?" Levi's low husky voice said sleepily, slightly moving his head back to lean against the wall and closing his eyes again. Though not for long as his eyelids flew open, his head jerking back to look at her, "Can you see me?"

(Y/n) let out a soft smile, slowly nodding her head. The man seemed to let out a soft sigh, letting his head fall back into the wall behind himself and closing his eyes again.

However this moment of purity was soon cut short, Levi slowly pulled his hand out from around her waist, moving it up to his face to rub his temple as he let out another sigh, slowly rubbing his hand down his face then through his hair.

"Alright." He breathed, slowly pushing the warm fabric off of them. The girl moved according to his movements, allowing him to be freed from the embrace, both of them quick to take a sharp intake as a reaction to the cold air.

As the man stood up, this was the first time she had seen him in this state. Throughout the night she couldn't see anything, so while he had already seen her body, she hadn't seen his. Levi wore only his boxer briefs, with each movement he would take she would watch as his muscles flexed, she hadn't realized what a strong build he had. Levi bent down and slowly started picking up clothes, seeing if they where dry or not, however her eyes lingered on his body.

Soon she stood up along with him, moving over to the fireplace which was now burnt out, collecting her clothing. As she reached for her shirt, she realized her bare state and her eyes widened seeing the scars on her arms, realizing they had been exposed to him all night. The girl froze, tensing at the realization.

Levi of course noticed her sudden shyness, he spoke softly "Hey, it's okay." The girls eyes connected with his, before she relaxed a little, continuing on.

The two got dressed in silence, keeping their eyes on themselves they pulled on the majority of their outfits excluding the fighting gear and straps. Running her hand down the fabric, she cringed at the amount of dried blood. Most had come off with the rain water, however a large stain still marked her shirt and pants. Levi on the other hand, had escaped with little injury, the only blood on his clothing was near his stomach, but it was a stain from (Y/n)'s blood when he had carried her the previous night.

"How are the stitches?" Levi asked as he rummaged through some of the supply drawers.

"Intact." She replied softly.