A Different Side Of You

6 months later…

I did the right thing…and it all went wrong. Thinking back I tried to find that pivotal moment where I could have chosen differently. Of course I'm talking about Aaron and Terri. But what I thought was my 'happily ever after' was actually the tornado that took me out of Kansas. I wanted to follow my heart but how to do that when it was divided; so I listened to my head and did what any good person would deem honorable.

I didn't see Aaron again until I had purposely gone to say goodbye to Lilah. I decided to head back to San Francisco a week earlier. But before I could go on, I wanted to cut the ties between Aaron and I…for good. I couldn't go back to my apartment thinking about two men any longer.

I was glad to see Lilah doing better and talking about Isaiah less now that she knew they weren't getting back together. Isaiah did manage to talk with her that night at the party but it ended ugly; we took that as our cue to leave.

I hadn't seen Aaron in my visit with Lilah yet, it wasn't until I asked that she told me he was in his room. So I valiantly, or ignorantly, went and knocked on his door.

"Yeah?"

I walked in hoping it wasn't a bad time. "Hey."

"Oh hey. I didn't know you were coming over." He smiled as he was working at his desk.

He wore thin framed glasses I had never seen before. It might not have been the best time since he was typing away at his laptop and had dozens of papers spread out on his desk.

"You're busy huh. I should've called." I said fiddling with my fingers.

"No you're good. Come in." He swiftly removed his glasses and placed them on the desk while gliding his chair closer to the bed, where I ended up sitting.

"I came by to say goodbye, I'm leaving tomorrow."

He grinned and nodded, knowing more than he led on.

"Why do you always do that?" I asked in wonder.

"What's that?"

"You always grin like that, like if you didn't believe me."

"Oh I believe you. But I know that's not the only reason why you're here." He said cocking his head.

"Okay, then I'll get straight to it…I don't know how to be just friends with you. It doesn't work for us."

"Because we were never meant to be just friends Brynn. Just like we weren't just friends when we first met, there was always something strong between us that would either have us be together or be miserable apart."

"Then if you believed that so much why did you date that other girl…Why did you break up with me?" Wow I really dove right into it didn't I?

"You really want to get into this right now?" His smile faded as he began to look a little frustrated.

"Yes!"

"How many times do I have to tell you that was my BIGGEST mistake Brynn!." He got up and paced around.

"You keep saying that but you never give me a reason."

"You want to know what was really going through my mind…have you ever been so confused about something that you literally can't decide what is right." He said kneeling right in front of me.

"Yes." More than he could imagine.

"I was more confused about my feelings for you then my fictitious feelings for Marley. I used her as an excuse. While I was crazy about you I often wondered if what we had…was real or if it was just a fun time in our lives."