CHAPTER THIRTEEN:QUITE A SOFTIE

Hng....

The first thing that struck me after I was awake the feeling of an amazing night's sleep. I slept awfully well last night after coming home.
I recalled William came over. I was too drunk to attend him. Thinking about last night I got up and brushed my teeth.

My stomach was empty so I have to make breakfast for myself. Or else I might get an upset stomach throughout the day. As soon as I was done I headed downstairs.

The fragrance of something amazing hit my nose.

He slept over? I thought walking over to the kitchen where I saw William making breakfast.

"You can cook?" Plus it smells amazing.

His shoulders jolted.

"Morning." Turning around he greeted me with a smile.

That made me avert my eyes yawning loudly.

"Sit down and wait on the table. I will serve once I am done with this."

"Okay." I agreed and waited at the table. The smell became even more alluring than before.
Five minutes later he came over with a couple of dishes.

I ate them eagerly. Because it was. "Crazy good!"

William chuckled.

"Didn't knew you could cook so well." I said still chewing the crispy chicken melting inside my mouth. It was very delicious. On par with mine.

"Well. Cooking is a necessary basic skill. The more I tried the better I got. Good to hear that you like it." He replied wearing a rather happy look on his face.

I shook my head. Shutting my mouth I continued to finish my breakfast.

Once we were done I thought he would leave. But instead I saw him cleaning the house.
That was kind of funny. My house was sparkling clean after he was done.

"......" I didn't knew how to take this in.

Once he was out of the shower he sat down on the couch, looking at the movie I was watching.

"Is it good?" He asked.

I nod my head.

Because my entire attention was on the eventful movie I was taken aback when I heard a sniffle from beside me.
I geared my head to look at William only to find him in tears as his eyes were glued on the screen.

In this exact moment, the dog who was continuing her journey back to her home was brutally attacked by a pack of wolves. She was heavily injured. A hunter saved her from becoming a part of the food chain.

I looked at him to see his reaction. William sniffled in relief. His eyes still red from earlier.
"You are quite an emotional one aren't you?"

He looked at me saying. "I can't endure animal abuse content. It makes me feel like shit to watch horrible things like that."

What a softie. I thought. On the other hand, it didn't stung me or make me cry watching sad movies or videos. Although I do feel rage when I see someone abusing their pets.
Well....I don't think I will feel pain given my past. Heck I even destroyed Zeke Hyndeal's family, my family, causing them to fall to ruin in my last life.

NOTE:YES HE DID NOT SPARE HIS FAMILY, AS IN, ZEKE'S FAMILY.

"I think I might have left all my empathy back in my last life." I sighed mumbling to myself.

"Not true." William exclaimed.

I looked at him. This dude, surprisingly, has really good ears.

He smiled saying. "You give the best advices."

I almost choked at that. Because he said that with a face that was teary and red from earlier.

"Say no more." I shut him up.

We went back to finishing the movie.

Just as I was about to play another the door bell rang.

Then I remembered.

"Ah...." They were leaving the country today.

A/N:Sorry for the late update guys. I am recovering and am currently preparing for another entrance exam. Hence the late updates. Sarry I couldn't pamper ya guys too much.
ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ Good night.