CHAPTER TWO:GUILT.

I learnt that I was in coma for almost a year.

When I regained my consciousness from that blank yet peaceful place I found myself in a hospital bed. It felt bizzare to wake up in my old body after the life I had lived as Renever.

I knew my god did this for me. I remember the last conversation we had in that blank space. He said something about people missing me.
In all honesty I had forgotten about the friends I made in this world because I was so obsessed with my revenge. I never once thought of them whilst I was still Renever.

That is why it made me feel awfully guilty when I saw Asher and Easter crying frantically before me.

I forgot about them for my selfish obsession while they were here, living and wishing for my return every single day, blaming themselves for not checking up on me properly.

Seeing them cry made me wanna punch myself.

Aren't I the worst?

I discarded everything I owned here for the sake of revenge. What's worse was that I knew I would make the same decision even if I was given another chance.

Seeing even Taro having a melt down increased my guilt.

William, who also came to visit me that day was almost in tears. Even that big buff guy that I haven't know for long was getting emotional over my recovery.

I felt guilty. And bad.

"This is not a dream." I had to reassure them from time to time. To let them know I was wide awake now.

And I wasn't lying. I was wide awake. Because the pain kept giving me a reality check.

It hurt so badly. My body felt like it had been mashed into a puddle. I felt weak and sluggish. My body wasn't in my brain's control. I couldn't stand on my two feet. All I could do most of the time was sit up and eat my meals, taking medicines and injections in between.
Bathroom was like hell for me.

It took me weeks to get used to my current condition.

I was hoping to get better soon so that I can atleast walk on my own without any support.

Asher and Easter visited me daily. Abigail also came a few times out of stubbornness to see me. Her delivery due was near so I had to console her to stay home for the child in her belly.

It felt surreal. While I had completed my revenge and died in that world, I found myself back here, to know that a year had passed and that my friends were expecting their first child.
It was surreal.

They had also asked me to name their baby when he is born. I agreed feeling as if the guilt that they didn't knew of was going to eat me alive.

William also came over to visit me once in a while. He also told me of what happened to Junta.

He died. The last memory I had of him being hit by a car before fainting sealed his fate. Though I knew it was a murder rather than an accident.
Lucky for him. Had he still been alive I would torture him to death myself.

My visitors came consistently every day. Unless they were busy with their work they always made time for me.

Amidst the span of recovery time I was going through, weeks went by.

And finally I was able to walk using a crutch.

This made my life in the hospital better.

I was able to walk down the little garden inside the hospital compound.
Spending my evening there was my favourite time of the day.

I found peace and comfort in the garden where I met other patients who went around doing their own thing.
And this peace reminded me of the life was given back by my god.

I chuckled. "I guess I have a lot of thanks to give him." Though I knew meeting him again was out of the question.

I was indeed lucky having met my god.