PROLOGUE.

In a space pale and silent, the windows that were creaked open, the view of nature's beauty welcomed the people that came and left the room. Everytime in that silent room, the only sound was that of wails and woes.
The wind rustling through the window was never able to wash away the loneliness in that pale room.
The visitors kept coming, bringing bouquets to their missed one.

"We are expecting a child. I hope you are the one to name our son."

The visitors would whisper to the thin walls.

*Beep*

*Beep.*

Expecting those eyes that had remained closed for nearly a year to open wide awake one day, like the miracles told in fairy tales was maybe too much to ask.

But they prayed every night. Even with or without fate, that their dear friend is given back to them.

Amidst the wailing and the occasional talking, the person that they missed the most laid motionless in his bed.

For seasons.

There were no signs of waking up.

Hope was lost. But They did not give up.

Maybe it was due to their stubbornness that one day, their prayer was heard.

Asher who was on his daily visit to his dear friend's room held his little hand in his own. Like every other day he began to talk about the child he and his wife were expecting.

*Beep*

The sound of the monitor was like the death bell of the reaper.

**Flinch**

When Asher felt a subtle movement in the hand he was holding he dared not speculate before confirming it again.

Every tick of the clock felt like an hour.

Then there it was again. A weak but subtle flinch in the fingers of that little hand.

His eyes weighed heavy with tears of hope. He put down the little hand carefully on the bed. Then taking silent but huge steps he rushed out of the room.

Soon the hope became the truth.

"Hi....his lashes fluttered.....he....hic...hic...."

"Ha...nds....it moved....."

The commotion in that pale and silent room broke through the roof that day.

"His hands moved."

The doctor and the nurses that were rushed into the room couldn't stop all the crying and sobbing.

"He is waking up." the doctor exclaimed.

"He is waking up. Hurry."

"Thank God. sobs sobs. He is......."

Asher embraced his sister who was weeping in his arms.

The person that they had missed so much finally opened his eyes.

And when they were wide awake, the pale room was brought back to life.

"ZEKE!"

CHARACTER:ZEKE. OUR MC.

A/N: So here comes the book 3

A/N: So here comes the book 3. Finally after a long time I am back. I will try to spoil you guys as much as I can. 😁 Please do look forward to regular updates from here on. Peace.