Edward watches in horror

Epov

Just before I got the door unlocked and the guys came running behind me. The guy took off. We ran out the door. "Where is he?" Jasper asked. "He took off for the front of the house." I told them. "The front of the house, ah, o. The front door was still open!" Emmett said. "Please, tell me you're not serious?" I asked.

"Sorry dude!" He said. I smack my forehead. "DAMN IT, I TOLD BELLA NOT TO LEAVE THE LIVING ROOM!" The next thing we hear was someone scream out. "HEEELLLPP MMMEEE!" We looked at each other a moment because it's been so long since anyone heard words come out of Bella as hard as it was.

I ran for the front door. It was shut and locked "Damn it where are my keys. There." I fumble trying to get the key in. I could hear Jasper on the phone with 911. I got the door open just as I did he punched her in the face. "Hit again and see what happens." I told him. "Oh you mean don't do this?" Just as I heard the siren he picked her up and slammed her against the wall. I didn't have time to react when the sheriff's showed up. They shoved me aside and drew their guns.

"FREEZE!" I heard, them yell. But I watched in horror as he was going to hit her again. I heard a gunshot go off. Bella froze, she didn't move. Then the guy fell against her. Bella still didn't move she just had the look of horror on her face. But the guy was still alive, the sheriff got ahold of him. One tried to walk up to Bella and that's when she screamed and fell to the ground.

The officer turned and looked at me. "She not going to let you near her when she like that I have been the only one that been able to." I told him.

He let me thru and I kneeled down in front of her . I slowly put my hand over her hands. "Bella, look at me, come on baby look at me!" She dropped her hands and started to sign. It was so hard but I scream out what I could only say.

"I know baby you did good. Come here please!" She didn't hesitate and about knocked me over wrapping her arms around me shaking. She flinched though. I picked her help and set her down on the kitchen counter. "Let me see!" I told her she handed me her left arm. Her wrist was all swelled and bruising. "How did this happen?" She pointed at the boxes and some of them were knocked over.

"You fell?" She nodded. I looked at her face and she had cuts and bruises on it. "Does your head or anywhere else hurt?" She signed.
My head hurts a little. Back hurts, face hurts, but what really hurts is this. She pointed to her left wrist. "I know it might be broke but don't worry I will go with you to get it checked." Her eyes widen. "Baby you have to don't fight me on this please!"

She nodded. The officer walked back in. "I was told she is a mute." Bella glared at him. I put my hand up to let her and to calm down.
"Sorry she doesn't like being called a mute, she wasn't always like this she use to be able to talk until something horrible happen, we try not to talk about it."

"I'm sorry Ms. I understand. So how do we get a statement from her then?" He asked. "That's simple, she signs which I can help out with that or she writes. But I need to take her to the hospital first."
He looks around to Bella she tries to hide from him. "Why is she trying to hide?" I turned and looked and Bella was trying to get off the counter.

I moved back to her. "Bella stop, he not going to hurt you." She looked up at me and signed. He doesn't believe you and it scares me. "What she just say?" He asked. "That you don't believe me and she scared of you." I didn't even turn to look at him. "How she know that?" I smiled. "Well if you look into information, you would find she trained to fight forest fires. But I have learned that she learned to see people body language and can do so much more. Even though she can't speak she makes up for it in other ways."

She smiles at me. Then signs. You can stop making up for hurting me. I already fell in love with you, now I just love you more! I laughed. "Nope I'll never stop and I love you too. I tapped her nose. "I will take that message was more for you then me." Bella giggled and picked up her wrist. "Ummm, that looks like it really hurts, I think I'll let you take her in sir. Can I just come tomorrow when I get on shift and you can help with the statement, cause by the looks of it she is going to refuse to come in."

"Yes, you may officer. Will be here." I told him. Once he left I helped Bella off the counter. I walked her out to the truck and helped her in.
"Hey we'll be back Bella got to have her wrist checked out. Just let everyone know what happened and don't wait up.

We were at the hospital and I was waiting for her to get an x-ray when a nurse walked over to me. "Your with Miss. Swan right?" I looked at her confused. "Yes, why?"

"We have just a little problem. Ummm, from what I walked in and saw she scared of men. And well our technician on call just happens to be a men and well she kind of curled up in a corner. I guess he approach her to fast and wasn't told she couldn't talk."

"Shit, I'm sorry, is there anyway I can get in there to her." I asked. "Yes, I can understand where she's coming from though if what was put on her chart is right, I would be to, in fact it's happen to me before." I looked at her with concern. "Oh don't get me wrong it gets better trust me."

We walked into the x-ray room and at first I didn't see her then I looked around the table and there she was with her knees pulled up to her chest. "Sir I'm so sorry it all happen so fast I walked up and put the slide on the table she jumped, I tried going up to her and explain .." I put my hand up to stop him. I walked over and kneeled down.

"Hey, you can you focus on me." Her eyes connect with mine. "Now it's alright I'm going to be right here with you. So don't fight anyone just focus on me alright." She nods. I reach my hand out and she took it. I helped her up and got her back into the chair.

"Sir you need to put this on if you're going to be in here." I had to put this apron thing on. "Focus on me only, let him do what he got to do." She nodded. I looked up at the tech and nodded. She finally got through everything and the doctor put a brace on it said she only had hairline fractures. He gave her some pain meds to help ease the pain.

They released her. On the way home Bella snuggle up to me. But she got my attention and signed. I don't want to go home. "What why?" I pulled over so I could focus on her. She signed. I just not ready to go back and seeing and everyone feeling sorry for me. Plus I just got you home and that happened I just want you no one else.

I thought a minute and realized I still had some blankets in here I knew where to take her. I called Jasper because I knew he wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

I took her to where I found her. Her Uncle hideaway. I knew she felt safe there. She woke up just after I parked and she looked at me. "Don't worry. Wait here." I got out and started the fire.

I heard the truck door then what sounded like something fell. I shake my head. "I told you to wait in the truck, they gave you pain meds." I got over to her and she was giggling. "Yep, can tell they gave you pain meds." I chuckled. I reached down and helped her up. I leaned her against the truck. "Now don't move!" I told her.

She saluted me. I bust out laughing. I grabbed the blankets from behind the seat. Then I heard leafs. "Bella you're too damn stubborn!" I turned and she was trying to walk off. I wrap my arm around her.
"Now I got you." She turned around and wrapped her arms around me.

She had that look that she missed me. "I missed you to." She let go and signed. No, I really missed you. "Let me get you by the fire and get these blankets laid out then you can tell me what you want to."She gives me a pouty face. All I could do is shake my head. "I'm so glad we didn't go home. Emmett be having a hay day."

Bella giggled. I got her sat down. I laid down the blankets and the next thing I knew I heard music coming from my truck. "This is going to be a long night!" I stood up and just gave up I put more wood on the fire.Then I heard Bella behind me. "Lllloovv." I turned around and looked at her shocked. "Bella don't over do it. But I love you to."

I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her. "You know I know it's to hard for you to speak. I love you know matter what though." She pulled away and signed. But what happens if I'm in that situation again Edward. I was scared. No one understands me or calls me mute. I can't stand this. I want to be able to be normal like you.

"Now stop right there, I'm far from normal and I'm sure not in the hell perfect."

I do not own all my characters in my story Stephanie Meyer does.

I own the rest of the characters and the story.