kurt - clinical insanity

He is the moment, loml  (this chapter isn't meant to be offensive, just came up with it deep within the asscrack of my mind)

Year:1993
Kurt's age:26
Your age:26

~~~~~~~~~~~▪︎~~~~~~~~~~

The boys and I were doing an interview with Kurt Loder.
He was a very cool guy, I liked him alot.

He didn't push us to ask questions or anything.

"So, uh y/n"

I darted my head toward KL (the interviewers nickname)
"Hm?"
"It recently came out that you have clinical insanity, and I'm not gonna push you to answer anything"

"Oh, I could tell you the entire story I'm fine with it."
He nodded enthusiastically

"Okay cool, could you uh tell us, if you're alright with it"

I nodded, feeling Kurt's arm hanging around my shoulder

"Yeah, sure"

"So, starting from the beginning.
"I was about like five maybe when I was diagnosed, and that was about the time my stepmother put me in a mental hospital"

Sympathetic looks came from just about everyone, especially from Kurt.

It shocked all of them, mainly since I never told anyone, not even my actual mother.

"How was the mental hospital, if you don't mind me asking"
KL says clearing his throat

"Awful, the treatment wasn't a treatment, it was torture"

He went to ask another question, which I assumed was 'how did they treat you '

"How did they treat you?"

"They, like if you got in trouble, you'd get your hair pulled out, you'd get hit with an oar, they wouldn't feed you etc"

The shock and tension in the room was so thick, it felt like I couldn't breathe

"Have you had any of those happen to you?"

I nodded

"All of them, and more atleast twice, all of them were mainly cause the staff was bored and they wanted to have fun"

"When you got served food, it came on a plastic plate with your name on it and they'd wash it and give it back to you every time you ate."

"They'd give us the same food everyday, like a small portion of rice, 2 pieces of meat, 5 green beans, a stale piece of bread, and dirty tap water"

Kurt moved me more slightly on his lap and held me, as if almost to say sorry without saying anything.

"Everyday we'd get up at 6:00 sharp, you sleep any longer you'll get cut with a knife"
"It was always you work 4 hours, getting only 2 minutes of a break, any longer and they'd hit you"

Tension was high, and thick, breath in through your nose out through your mouth.

"If you tried to escape, well if they caught you, you'd have a shock collar"
"I however was lucky enough to not be noticed, like at all and escape"

All you could hear was breathing from all of them

"Originally, I was set to stay there for ten years, I got out of there when I was ten"

The silence was poisonous, like if you breathed you'd pass out.

"How did you escape?"
He asked, almost afraid of my answer

"Well, the long ass sheets they gave you came in handy"
"I stole 22's sheets and put our sheets together and jumped out of the window and ran to Washington from Idaho.

"Without stopping?"

I raised my eyebrows at Dave

"Yeah, I'm part superman"
I said rolling my eyes

Laughter erupted from everyone but Kurt, I didn't know why.

~~~at Kurt's Seattle home~~~

Kurt came in the house after me, after a very awkward silent drive home.

The door slammed shut making me flinch.

"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I- uhm didn't think it-"
"OF COURSE IT FUCKING MATTERS Y/N"

I haven't been yelled at since my time at the mental hospital

I didn't wanna cry but I felt like sobbing

"Is that what the nightmares were about?"
I nodded hesitantly making him let out a frustrated sigh

"I could've helped you get over it, and you wouldn't have to have more trauma from it."

"Kurt, the first time we met we fucked in a janitors closet, did you really expect me to just say 'oh by the way I was practically raised in a mental hospital'!?"

Tears welled in my eyes as he stared at me blankly

"You could've told me sooner y/n!"
"I didn't want it to be a burden for you, you were already struggling"

Kurt's pov:

Her voice cracked at the end of the sentence making my heart break

I didn't have any words
I was to afraid to speak, I didn't want her to cry cause of me

A single tear slipped out of her eye, and that broke me
I practically ran toward her and grabbed her in a bone crushing hug

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry"

As soon as I heard her sobs I carried her upstairs and laid down on our bed holding her tightly

Back to your pov:

"I love you y/n, and I'm sorry"
"Don't be, it nobody's fault"

Uncontrollable tears spilt out of my eyes and onto his button up shirt

He just held me even tighter

He grabbed our blanket and pulled it over us

"I love you kurt"
"I love you too y/n"

Wattpad is pissing me off with my beautiful pictures of kurt not showing up
Low-key shitty ending but I'm keeping it cause it's cute
Anyways ily guys thanks for reading