kurt cobain- i love you

set in the ' in utero ' house from their tour. fem!reader, year: 1994 ( reader's pov ) let's pretend she's 4 months old in December of 94'

the hairs on my neck stand up as i hear the booming cries of frances. i look over at kurt who is still sleeping soundly. unusual, as he always bolts towards frances' room to comfort her.

i kiss kurt softly, before getting up and heading towards her room. my feet carrying me, as her cries become louder. my hand opens her door to hear her loud deafening cries.

i calmly approach her, swiftly picking her up and consoling her. " baby, it's okay, shh, shh, sh " I say " boy, you sure do have a big ass set of lungs on ya don't you baby? "

i take a breath whilst going toward the hallway, moving downstairs to the kitchen.

hoping that she's only hungry. with frances still in my arms, i search the fridge while she cries softer than before in my ears." i know bean, being hungry makes me cry sometimes too "

i say in a whisper tone trying to not wake kurt up. luckily, the day before kurt had a big show, so when he got home he was out like a light. normally he isnt the deepest sleeper, but today was different. he was sound asleep upstairs, making louder snores than usual. but i still didn't wanna wake him up so i was being quiet

" you hungry miss thang? " i say while i continue to search for frances' babyfood. in the back of the fridge, i reach for her purple babyfood in a glass container. i shake it slightly, my boobs also moving slightly.

i struggle to open it, as i don't have the strongest arms " damn, these things are hard to open, fuck " i say shaking my hand off. but eventually, i succeed in opening the jar.

my head turns, my eyes spotting her spoon on the kitchen counter. i snatch the spoon from the counter, trying to hasten the process over quieting her down, in hope of not waking kurt from his heavy sleep.

the spoonful off the purple grub reaches her mouth, as she injests it. finally getting her to quiet down.

i feed her a little more, until she's satisfied. ( never eat until you're full, eat until you're satisfied ) i then pick her up. immediatly beginning to burp her. she burps, as i head toward the couch, lying down with her upon my chest.

letting her rest as i pull a blanket over us ( side note: just stole a blanket from the park, feeling good ) i reach for my favorite book ' deeper than the ocean '.

i'm just about halfway done with the book. i've read it twice. it never seizes to make me cry. frances never stirs onces in my arms. as i reach toward the last page of the chapter. my fingertips grazing the pages.

i feel frances grip onto me, with her little fingers. my heart melts at the feeling." you cute little motherfucker. " i whisper. i'm not her mother, but when kurt got full custody of her i became her mother instead of courtney, as she fucked up in using drugs around frances, while kurt tried to stay sober. but in this moment. i felt like her mother. i've never felt like her mother until this moment.

i always thought she could care less for me, as i wasn't her mother. but, now i realised she loved me as her mother. i picked up the bookmark and placed it where i left off.

i stood up carefully. with frances still in my arms, i made a makeshift sling to keep her attached to me as i walked to the kitchen to make myself a bowl of cereal. starting to head over to the balcony.

it was quite warm for 7:34 in the morning. not too warm not too cold, but still quite chilly. i tiptoed up to our shared room. grabbing kurts 'mtv unplugged' cardigan, and wrapping it around my shoulders

" warm " i muttered as quietly as possible. i creeped back out of the room. not trying to wake kurt up as he continues his deep slumber.

i slide the balcony door open frances still sleeping soundly in my arms. embracing my warmth. i sit down on the wooden floorboards sitting upon the balcony. the cool breeze flows throughout my hair. i spoon cereal into my mouth savoring the flavor looking over the view of hollywood.

i didn't enjoy being in hollywood, but kurt insisted i come with him to help make the long laborious trip better. i finish my bowl of cereal. frances still hasn't woken up form her deep slumber. her grip tight on my wide ribcage.

i stand up. starting to walk back to the couch. undoing the makeshift sling ( aka blanket ) and wrapping it around us. still sporting kurt's jumper. i pick my book back up finishing the chapter. by the time i was finished it was 8:12. kurt was still sleeping.

so i opted for taking a nap with frances, feeling tired from the 5:45am fiasco. my eyes fluttered feeling heavy. but i couldn't fall asleep. so i opted for resting my eyes. still being fully concious, just not having my eyes open.

kurt's pov

my eyes open needing to piss. but i notice her warmth missing. i groaned, looking over my shoulder where she slept. only seeing the lamp.

after lying on my bed for a few minutes i opted for getting up. i went to go piss as i do literally every morning, day and night. afterwards i drag my hand along the wall going into frances' room to see her empty cradle.

i stood there for a moment, trying to gain complete conciousness. yet i feel still half asleep. walking back out of her room and going downstairs. each step i make making a soft creaking sound. when i reached the bottom of the stairs i saw y/n and frances sleeping.

i notice the balcony door open, letting the slightly chilly air in the house. not enough to make me shiver. but i'd say it's about 68 degrees.

i then walk over to y/n and frances. frances was lying on her chest, breathing softly. i then looked over to her. admiring her natural beauty in the sunlight. " whatcha doin'? " she questions, scaring the absolute fuck out of me.

" you scared the shit out of me " i say laughing lightly. " lay with meeeee " she says. " there isnt enough room on the cou- " i say before she extends the couch to make it wider so i can lie next to her. " you little. " she snickers as i lie next to her. " so im just gonna not have a blanket "

" theres two blankets at the foot of the couch. " she chuckles. " get them for meeee " i say making her scoff playfully " i got a baby on my titties " i laugh. walking over to shut the balcony door, and grab the blankets at the end of the couch. when i place the blankets over me, she cuddles into my chest frances still sleeping.

i carefully take frances off of her chest and place her on my chest. y/n snuggles closer to me. " sleepy baby? " " yuh. " ( ari moment 'yuhh' ) " when did you wake up " she laughed " 5:45, so when frances practically screamed her damn lungs out. " i sighed " you coulda woke me up, and five forty-five damn "

she nodded " i know, and plus you had a big show, and you weren't already rushing to her room." she pauses " so i got her so you could sleep " " well thank you, but lemme do it next timeee " he whined slightly.

" uggggghhhh, okay. " " i love you, more than you know kurt " she says " impossible, i love you more than you know, and i will marry you one day." she smiles " i sure hope you do "

i comb my fingers through her hair. " sleep hun, you deserve it. " i say pecking her lips." okay " she yawns. " ni-night baby " " ni-night kurty " i smiled before closing my eyes and letting sleep take over my body.

yes, this was inspired 100% by sorryassbitch and what about it. they're an amazing writer, i love their kurt cobain book, and this was inspired by a dream i had.
so thanks for reading! i didn't wanna make this word for wordfrom their chapter 'restless' but i did make some scenes like the ones they made.
words:1427
love all of you!