Chapter 96: Novel 78

Recently she hasn't been able to sleep soundly, moreover last night she couldn't sleep very well. Sang Zhi sleeps so soundly and doesn't wake up early. In the morning, she feels her head is so heavy, she couldn't turn her head around. For a time, she couldn't describe the feeling.

She lays down on her bed and be startled for a while. She then flips her body and looks at the alarm on the bedside table. She notices that it's already 12:00 a.m.

Then she notices the upside down photo frame

She takes a deep breath and puts it up.

She looks at it. In that photo, she was so little, she is still tender and young. She extends her hand and touches Duan Jia Xu's photo, she suddenly remembers what she did yesterday.

She covers the photo again.

That time she wasn't too mindful of his action, but now when she thinks about it, she feels like 'trying to cover up a misdeed, only to make it more conspicuous'.

She watches it for several seconds, Sang Zhi mumbles in low voice: "Couldn't he change it into another photo?"

Sang Zhi just sits up and then lets the blanket falls down from her body.

She looks at what she is wearing, she is wearing a loose t-shirt. She could see the red marks on her body. Sang Zhi just realizes that she is wearing Duan Jia Xu's clothes. She only wears a t-shirt and nothing else.

She feels the aching is lighten.

She gets off the bed and doesn't feel too uncomfortable. There's only a slight feeling of unwell. She feels that wearing only t-shirt makes her feel naked. She wants to go back to the master bedroom and wears her own clothes.

Before she reaches for the door, the door is opened.

Duan Jia Xu opens the door, he notices Sang Zhi's appearance. He raises his eyebrow and examines her. Then he looks at her on the eyes.

Seeing him makes Sang Zhi remembers what did happen last night.

Her face starts to become hot.

Now she doesn't know how should she act in front of him.

Sang Zhi looks over at the other place and asks: "You don't need to work?"

Duan Jia Xu: "I'm taking a day off."

Sang Zhi strokes her head and nods: "I'll go freshen up."

Duan Jia Xu just says "Em." Yet he keeps on watching her. He seems to not want to move away. He lowers his head like he wants to kiss her.

Sang Zhi immediately covers her lips: "I haven't brushed my teeth."

Duan Jia Xu laughs and just kisses her hand. He looks down and notices the exposed red mark on her body. He strokes a red mark for a while and says gently: "Why it looks like that you are really in pain?"

Sang Zhi: "Ah?"

He sounds like he is comforting, yet he doesn't seem to be feel guilty.

"Next time I'll be even more careful."

—–

Sang Zhi returns to her room and changes her clothes. She also goes to the bathroom to freshen up. She recalls what Duan Jia Xu said before, she pauses for a while.

Then she recalls what happened last night after 'I didn't say no". Then she feels so shy about it.

In her mind, several images replays.

The image of Sang Yan asked her without any expression. "Could you be more reserved?"

Sang Zhi pursues her lips and washes her face.