Chapter 48: Novel 30

The weather in October is still hot, the night brings a bit chill in the air. Yet it couldn't cover a low spirit.

The time he is sure that it is indeed Sang Zhi. Duan Jia Xu throws his cigarette away to the bin and suddenly he notices the lady cigarette box on his other hand.

He stops.

He looks at her and sways the box. "Who teach you to smoke?"

Two years of not meeting each other, this little girl clearly grows taller.

Last time when they met, she was just around his shoulder. This time she has grown taller till her head reaches his chin. There's nothing much change from her face. She is more lady-like right now.

She is wearing a pink top and light blue short. It shows her great legs and body.

Her hair is styled in a small bun.

There is no telling what a girl will look like when she grows up.

Sang Zhi isn't responding, she just watches him.

After a while, she takes back her hand and says: "It's not mine."

"Ge Ge personally sees it." Duan Jia Xu says lazily. "It fell from your pocket."

"......"

"Xiao Sang Zhi isn't learning a good thing?"

His way of calling himself as "Ge Ge", it makes Sang Zhi feels that there is seemingly a generation apart between them. She doesn't want to explain, she points at the cigarette on his hand. "You also smoke."

"Then when have Ge Ge ever smoke in front of you?" Duan Jia Xu throws his cigarette and puts the lady's cigarette box inside her pocket. "This, you couldn't take it."

"....." She doesn't expect him to do it. Sang Zhi says quickly. "That is not mine, that is my roommate."

"Em?" Duan Jia Xu looks at her and suddenly notices something. He raises his last syllable. "Xiao Peng You, let's not talk about this. How could you not call me after a long time not meeting Ge Ge?"

Sang Zhi pursues her lips and says stiffly: "Ge Ge."

"You come here to play?"

"Em?"

"When did your military training end?"

She feels like she is reporting to her parents, Sang Zhi touches her head and says honestly: "Last month in the middle of the month. Our military training last for a half month."

"Then during seven days holiday for National Day." Duan Jia Xu smiles: "Why don't you come to find Ge Ge to play?"

At first Sang Zhi thought after a long time no seeing each other, the communication between people will turn awkward.

But in reality it is not.

Only her alone that feels awkward.

Sang Zhi looks at him and says: "I had another thing to do."

Duan Jia Xu: "What was it?"

"I attended the class."

"You attended the class during the holiday."

"........" Sang Zhi immediately feels something is wrong. She changes. "Part-time job."

"Em, in the past Ge Ge also needed to do part-time job." He notices that she is stalling. Duan Jia Xu be sloppy and smiles. "But I also made time to help you meet your Lao Shi, looked at your homework, sent you home."

"........"

"Xiao Bai Yan Lang (Little fox)."

"....."