a. DEAR DIARY

Today is June 1st, 2022. Happy madaraka day Kenya. We're halfway through the year. May was eventful, to say the least. From extending my vacation by an entire week to being so fed up and conflicted, to quitting the job halfway through the month, to going for the long-awaited eye therapy, to being indoors a lot and broke. I feel like my old self is creeping in and it's scary. How can I revert to who I used to be after all the healing I've done?
I'm torn between where I am and where I need to be. I feel tired (not new), exhausted, afraid, determined, hopeful, positive, energized, blessed, and ready at the same time.
Time's moving on so fast. It waits for no man, does it? 27 is an interesting age. I feel like I should be further than this. Maybe I am comparing myself to my peers but how can I not? Everybody seems to be living their best lives with their mama and buying the latest car then there's me stressing over my house rent. What a 180-degree! I'm fully convinced that adulting is the real scam, it's the ghetto.
I'm immensely grateful for life though. I'm not ailing and I am of a sound mind. I should have lost my mind, or thrown in the towel but I haven't. I can't take this for granted and neither can I be ignorant of the blessings in my life. Grateful 🙏.
Despite life kicking my a** off, God has been more than good to me.