Chapter 17: Delta Force

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Syrus: Aniki...

Chumley: It's not looking good... Even when it comes to life points, bastion has the upper hand...

Bastion: Face it Y/n. With your strongest monster down the drain and my water dragon on the offense, you're about to get washed up.

Alexis: Come on, please... Fight back.

Zane: Well, maybe we underestimated bastion a bit. He managed to find a strategy that could handicap his opponent regardless of the deck he chose to play. And all of that with but one card.

Alexis: He just sent his monsters to the graveyard, that's all.

Zane: But that might be enough. And beside... I don't think he uncovered all of his strategy yet.

Crowler: That's it Bastion, show this dunce drop-out who's boss ! Show him he doesn't belong in the school duel !

Banner: My, Pharaoh. This does not look good.

Pharaoh: Praaah. 'Speak for yourself, bitch. I'm the hottest cat on this island ! Only cat on this island, really. That makes me king of cats.' Praaah.

"... Fine then, if you want to play it like that. I place two cards face-down and end my turn."

Bastion: Not much to do now, isn't it ? I wonder, is that seventh deck up to the challenge for you yet ?

"Challenge ? It went beyond that point already. But if you think you've stopped me just like that, then you're sorely mistaken."

Bastion: Maybe. But with this stratagem I've devised, your chances of victory are closing in to 0 ! I will prove it to you now! I draw ! I play the Mathematician, in attack mode !

 But with this stratagem I've devised, your chances of victory are closing in to 0 ! I will prove it to you now! I draw ! I play the Mathematician, in attack mode !

Bastion: When he's summoned, I can send one card from my deck to the graveyard. And when he's destroyed by battle, I can draw another card ! And now I'll attack ! Water Dragon, attack the Sentry soldier of Stone !

"I activate Catapult zone's effect ! So I can discard my Magic hole golem to the graveyard and prevent my monster's destruction ! Then I activate my first face-down ! Call of the haunted !"

Alexis: See what I meant ? Even if his monsters are sent to the grave, he can easily bring them back.

Zane: That's not what I meant. And Bastion would certainly know that too.

Bastion: Heh. Right in my trap ! Royal decree, go !!

 Right in my trap ! Royal decree, go !!