Chapter 9: Paradox-al

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Crowler: 'Just look at them ! Pathetic Slifers littering the campus like vermin ! Why is Duel Academy, who's only supposed to teach the best of the best, accepting these drop-outs ?! And this drop-out...' He's made a fool of me FOR LONG ENOUGH !!

Crowler: .... Fufufufu... But finally, the time has come. Get ready, you miserable drop-out.

Chazz: Dr.Crowler.

Crowler: Huh ? What do you want, signore Princeton ?

Chazz: Let me go against Y/n and his teammate during the tag-team duel.

Crowler: You ?

Chazz: This time, I want to dispose of him personally.

Crowler: This will not be necessary ! I already invited the world's best duelists, specialized in tag-team duels ! Moreover, all of this doesn't concern you. You should worry about yourself, because if you keep falling behind like that, you'll end up retrograded as a Ra Yellow.

Chazz: Hah ?! Gh...

Chumley: ... So, it's finally today... ?

"Yep. I must say, I've been looking forward to it. Haven't you ?"

Syrus: Yeah...

Chumley: But they said you'd be expelled if you were to lose... Will you really be able to appreciate that duel ?

"Chumley, high stakes doesn't make it any less of a great duel. In fact, it's often the opposite. All of the greatest duels always had high stakes for the parties involved."

Chumley: Maybe that's where your strength come from...

Syrus: ...' This time, I will do it. Like a real duelist, like my big brother's little brother, and...'

"And how many times do I need to tell you I don't want any other partner ?!"

Syrus: 'For my Aniki who called me his "Partner", I'll make an honorable duel !' Aniki, we'll win, right ?!

"... Now that's definitely the spirit that will make us win. You went quite the long way with that."

Chumley: I'll be cheering on you from the side. I believe in you, you'll come back.

"That's a promise then."

Syrus: We're going !

Announcer: The tag-duel will begin in just a few moments

Announcer: The tag-duel will begin in just a few moments. And remember, these aren't test conditions, this is a sudden-expulsion match !

Crowd: *Chatter*