Chapter 5: Shadow Duel

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

Alexis: ... ... 'Be at peace, brother... Wherever you may be...'

*And, on the North coast of this island, there is a cave. Deep, deep withing this cave, one can find a mysterious lake, in which the moonlight reflects itself at night, from a hole in the cave's ceiling... And then... When you gaze upon the surface of that lake... A card appears... The one card that your heart desires. And some say, that if you were to try and reach out for it...

*SPLASH*

AGRGLUBLUBLULUGHBLU-*

Syrus: *GLUBLUBLUBLUB* And then you find yourself stranded deep into the ocean, without a chance to save yourself !

"So curiosity killed the cat, heh ?"

Syrus: Aniki, I just did my best to make up a scary story, you could at least act scared...

"I think Chumley over there is scared enough to count for the two of us. But the worst thing is, something like that could technically exist if you think about it. For a level 4 story, it wasn't half-bad."

Syrus: Thanks... It's your turn...

"yep. Draw ! And... Oh, level 1 ?"

Syrus: Lucky you, it must be easy going with such an easy story...

"And since I'm terrible at making these up, how about I tell you another kind of story ? Would you like to know the legend of the ancient Pharaoh who once dissipated the Darkness ?"

Syrus: Dissipated... The Darkness ? What kind of story is that ?

"A true story. It all started-"

Banner: I'd love to hear it as well. Could you make some room ?

"GYAAAAAAAAAH !!"

Syrus: P- Professor Banner ! Please don't scare us like that !

Banner: Oh ? You three seem rather sensitive tonight.

Syrus: Well, we're playing a game where you have to tell a scary story equivalent to the level of the monster you just drew.

Banner: Ohhh, that looks fun. May I try it ? So I just draw a card and... The five-headed-dragon ?

"A level 12 monster ?! I just put that in so Chumley could have it... That's gonna be messy... Give us your worst, professor."

Banner: Hahahaha. Well, if you insist... Now that I think about it, are you aware of the abandoned dorm in the north sector of the island ?