Chapter 39: Recklessness

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

"Things are gonna be a bit more lonely without him around, won't they..."

Syrus: You're gonna miss Chumley too, right, Aniki ?

"... It's a bit more complicated than that... Chumley just graduated a bit ahead of us, that's all. And since he managed to follow his dream path... All we can do is hope everything goes well for him from now on. That the sun will keep on rising for him, above the Ayers Rock..."

Syrus: Aniki... ...

"And besides, if I'm being honest..."

*Number 1: Zane Truesdale. 1000 Points.*

Crowler: As expected of our Signore Zane Truesdale ! Perfect scores in every subject ! As such, for this year's graduation match, you will pass as a role model for every other students

Zane: Yes.

Crowler: Furthermore, you have the opportunity to choose your opponent among all the students.

Zane: ... ...

Zane: ... 'There's only one person I'm interested in, to see what they're capable of,,,'

"I have a feeling I'll get a lot of other things to worry about quite soon."

Syrus: Aniki, you're just dramatizing like always.

Zane: i'm afraid he might be right this time.

Syrus: H- HEEEEH ?! Z- Z- Zane ?!

Zane: Hm. In all my three years at this Academy, this is my first time entering the Red dorm. I get why you'd want to stay here, it really has that homely feeling to it.

Syrus: I- is that supposed to be a compliment... ?

"... So, what brings you here ? I doubt you went all the way here just to inspect how we decorate our dorm, did you ?"

Zane: ... For my graduation match, I was hoping to count on your distinctive dueling style.

"... So it's that, huh ?"

Syrus: B- Big brother, you don't mean that...

Zane: Let us meet on the field...

Syrus: Big brother...

Zane: ... Your door creaks a little, I'll talk to the headmaster about that.

"... ... ... Well, here's another face I'll miss next year."

Syrus: Aniki, now's not the time to think about that ! You just got chosen as his opponent for his graduation match ! My big brother designated you as his opponent, for his very last duel at this Academy !!

"... Mh. I told you I'd have other things to worry about."

Syrus: In fact, you might be the only opponent Zane would consider for this... It's just an intuition, but it seems he knew what your answer would be... That's why he chose you, i'm sure of it.

Syrus: Aniki, I know it may sounds weird coming from me, but... But please, consider this duel like your body and soul were at stake ! Please !

"... You mean... Like for half the duels I played this entire year ? Syrus, you know I always give it my all in these."

Alexis: Did you hear ? Mokuba... Well, Y/n will by Zane's opponent.

Bastion: Yes. An Obelisk Blue of Zane's level picking a Ra Yellow is an unprecedented choice. But a full-blown battle between him and the Kaiser should be something to behold for sure.