Chapter 23- 48 Hours

Luc watched Henri pounding away at the new come of aged soldiers in the name of "training" throughout the vast grassy plains. They have all shifted except for him and they still couldn't even touch him.

He finally decided to intervene when Henri threw one of them into the river. Even if the soldiers loved training with their king, but they weren't used to seeing him on edge, and he wasn't going to let their perceptions change of his brother.

He ran over just as Henri was about to get ambushed by three young soldiers desperately trying to get a blow in.

Luc put his hand up and blew a whistle stopping them on their tracks.

Henri visibly frustrated, turned to look at him with his eyebrows up.

He gestured for him to follow him away from prying ears.

"Henri... Aren't you overdoing it a bit?"

"Not at all, they haven't hit me once it's my duty to..."

"Henri please cut the shit. We both know what's going on...

JUST Go talk to her."

He sighed heavily and put his hands on his pockets and looked up at the sky, a cool breeze playing with the loose strands of hair from his man bun.

"She asked for space to think. I owe her that after everything."

"Ok then..

Well, I think it's time for me to activate my brother-in-law/best friend card and go see her. Come find us when you are tired of roughing up those poor bastards."

Just as he was walking away he could hear Henri yelling at the young soldiers to take 5 and not a minute more.

Time for him to get these two back together before Henri either explodes or kill someone.

*********

Leave it to her to sniff out the library in this small city called a house.

Even if she was brought several bags filled with new clothes, underwear and shoes that no doubt costed a small fortune, she was still wearing another one of his oversized shirts and boxers. She found out quick enough, that it somehow appeased the animal within her since she was still staying away from Henri.

At times, she was literally aching being away from him, but instead of making her want to find him to help ease the pain, it only reinforced her decision to staying away.

She wasn't about to have some unforseen force dictate what she was supposed to do. If she is to be with him, she needed to be sure it was indeed her decision.

It has been two days since she last saw him, but she also knew he was around checking up on her, just never let her see him giving her the space she asked for.

She was huddled in the back of their library on the floor with piles of books surrounding her, completely lost to the world, devouring as much info about this new world she fell in as possible.

"It's good to see someone make use of this place." Said a poised and measured voice startling her.

She was so engrossed by what she was reading she didn't even hear, smell or sense the lady standing in front of her with a crystal tray with a gold finish filled with two sandwiches, fruits and a drink.

She frowned thinking about how that didn't correlate with some of the info she's read in some of the books.

" I'm sorry dear, i did not mean to scare you. You've been cooped up here since early this morning and i worried you did not get anything in that belly of yours"