Chapter 16-More

Natalia briskly passed by him a bit annoyed of how much he was gawking at the woman, and felt a twinge of jealousy which she quickly ignored. She had no right to feel this way anyway.

And as she suspected it was no other than her client.

"Ms. Whitlock! What a wonderful surprise. I didn't know you'd be joining us this morning."

"Oh darling, I've told you countless times to call me Arielle, and I had to make sure you were all right. In all those years of us working together I don't remember you ever taking a vacation."

She glanced over at Henri, who was still standing in the doorway almost frozen.

What was going on with him!

"Could this handsome gentleman be the reason why you are positively glowing my dear? "

"Oh Ms. Whitlock please." She protested blushing furiously.

"Let me introduce you.

Henri Beausejour, this is Ms. Arielle Whitlock my all time favorite client"

"It is wonderful to meet you Ms. Whitlock."

She giggled and gave him a limp hand almost as if she was expecting him to kiss it. But he grinned and shook it gently.

It was impossible for a man of his stature not to be aware of who she was. Although he had never met her before.

She was the sole heiress of her tech genius father Anthony Whitlock. But before he made his first millions with whatever he's invented in his bedroom, he was already a billionaire's son from a family with old money.

That thought had his blood starting to boil but he hid it behind a fake smile, not wanting to spoil things for his kitten.

He observed the two ladies talking and couldn't help but compare.

Arielle looked to be in her early forties but it was obvious that she was a beautiful woman.

Average height, but still looks to be on the short side standing next to kitten's 5'11.

Pale skin to warm olive skin toned.

Long straight dark blond to big, long and very curly dark hair which he wished he could have his fingers in right about now.

Natalia finished explaining to Arielle what her plans were about the condos moving forward, when she turned to him as if she's forgotten he was still there.

It was obvious she enjoyed her job and It'd probably be best if he'd leave and let her get to it.

But he was selfish, and still had 20 minutes he could spare with her, so he was going to stay there until the last second.

"Henri, I'm going to run in the dining room and bedroom and move things around a bit. My team, I'm sure did a good job setting things up last night when I emailed them to, but I always find some last minute changes that needs to be fixed." She said apologetically.

" Of course beautiful. I'll look around a bit. You never know I might like it enough to buy it. "

She sent him a glare that had him chuckling in his throat.

He watched her vanished and as soon as she did, Arielle's gaze was still transfixed to where Natalia disappeared to.

"I don't think I've ever seen her smile so brightly... Ever." And then she turned towards him and looked straight into his eyes.

Any other time, he'd be elated to hear how others were able to recognize the positive changes that she'd gone through since they've gotten together.

But right now, was not the right moment to think about that. Right now  he could only focus on those Hazel globes that are currently fixated on him, and that smile of hers.