Chapter 3

She tried to deter him, make him understand he didn't have to. But he was adamant to celebrate her birthday.

A perfect stranger.

She should be running out of the door. Her brain was screaming for her to just leave, but her treacherous body wouldn't let her.

Instead she took his offered hand into hers and let him lead her to a circular booth where their foods and a cart of deserts with various fruits were already waiting for them.

It was too much.

She should say something.

But she dared not.

She wasn't afraid or anything of the sorts, but she couldn't understand how he was making her feel, and that terrified her.

She couldn't understand why a man like him would want to hang out let alone celebrate her birthday with her. But he wouldn't let up.

She had the strange feeling, this man usually got  what he wanted.

The aroma of the delicious foods in front of her had her salivating, and her belly making all kinds of unladylike sounds reminding her how she forgot to eat lunch and dinner today.

He chuckled a bit. "I am glad I insisted on the food."

"Sorry...I...um...forgot that I had skipped lunch and dinner today."

He frowned a bit. "May I ask why?"

At such close proximity it was getting harder and harder for her to concentrate.

His cologne invaded her nostrils, and she had to fight the urge to bury her face in his neck to inhale his scent deeper.

Jesus.

She was very aware of his muscles dancing under his shirt, or his knees and strong thigh brushing again hers. Unavoidable, she thought, given how they both had long legs.

She fell victim to her mind's vivid imagination suddenly drowning her with images of those thighs trapping her beneath him while he fucks her to oblivion.

He wasn't that close to her but close enough for her to feel the heat radiating from him.

She needed some air and quickly.

"Ms Natalia?"

"Oh...um...A bit busy at work today" she cursed herself on how weak her voice came out.

Henri smirked enjoying the effect he had on her.

In all those nights he'd observed her, not once has she ever behaved this way. She would come in get what she needed and leave. From his perspective, she was always the one in charge.

That wouldn't do with him. Needless to say he was thrilled to notice the sub part of her which she was unknowingly and so naturally displaying.

She kept her gaze down and bit her lower lip. He could suddenly feel the strain against his zipper.

Down boy.

Although she obviously had several partners, something about her made him believe he had to thread cautiously if he wanted to her to open up, trust him and accept the offer he had in mind.

"And what do you do Ms Natalia?", he asked taking a bite out of his steak.

"I am a real estate broker. Started my own firm not too long ago, so it's easy to get lost in the pile of paperwork sometimes."

He shook his head in understanding.

"May I have your card? You never know, I might need your expertise soon." His eyes transfixed on her, waiting for her response.