Chapter 19-I Got You

"She was shot twice at closed range." Henri's eye twitched and he clenched his jaw to control Adil.

"We've found only one exit hole on her back. Unfortunately, they've hit some major organs including her spine. The chances for her to walk again is...."

The doctor's words trailed off and Henri stood there listening to him numb to the world. The words were echoing, rattling in his brain but he unable to compute them.

He didn't just find his mate just to lose her! He and his family never understood why he felt compelled to stay in NY these past couple of years. But now he knew it was because she was here. It took them years to find each other, and now this scrawny little man in front of him is going the long way around, giving him all kind of excuses to save his ass because he thinks she wasn't going to make it?

"She is fighting hard and as long as she is willing to hold on we are going to do everything we can for her but..."

"Forgive me doctor for saying, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING OUT HERE INSTEAD OF  IN THERE SAVING Her? You've only been in there for a short amount of times!"

The doctor flinched but quickly gained his composure back and look at Henri straight in his eyes. Which gained him some respect. Some of the biggest dudes would already bow to him by now.

" I am not the main surgeon and I was sent out to let you all know what was going on. Besides everything else, she has lost a lot of blood, too much... And... Um..."

"Spit it out doctor, I have run out of patience."

"The hospital have run out of her blood type."

"EXCUSE ME?"

This got to be a joke! Adil was scratching at the surface begging to come out and tear everything apart, danm the consequences. Henri was barely holding on, but this was not helping.

"She has got a really rare blood type. We don't get lots of donors with it and..."

"WHAT IS IT?"

"AB-..."

"Let's go"

Luc who was standing there the whole time, his head snapped up and looked at Henri with bulging eyes.

"Brother what are you going to do?"

"What do you think?" Henri answered with a warning growl not to interfere.

Luc ignored it and continued. "Are you thinking straight? You cannot! It is  against our laws and she is not even aware of anything." he whispered yell.

Doc: Gentlemen?... Sir? Are you saying you have the same blood type as her? The doctor asked with hopeful eyes.

"Yes, show me where to go. I don't care. Just cut me open. Take a bucket. TAKE TEN BUCKETS! Just bleed me dry and give it all to her but for GODDESS SAKES let's just move and go save my mate!"

"Y-yyes sir... Just follow me please."

Luc started trailing behind them in deep thoughts about what to say to Henri right now without setting him off. It was a very delicate situation and he could practically see his lion moving under his skin ready to jump out at any moments notice.

But it is a punishable by death offense to voluntarily give a human their blood. And if such a thing were to happen, it would need to be brought in front of their council for the case to be pleaded. But it was all a farce because it would never be approved, so it hadn't happened in centuries. They've never found a reasonable reason to let humans into their world.

Henri have not yet taken the official oath in front of everyone to take his rightful place on the throne, so changing a human into a shifter can be what they were looking for to start campaigning against the royal family so they can put their own people in power.