Chapter 5-The Wait

Saturday evening, and still no decision from her. She's never even texted him.

Pacing up and down his bedroom, Henri was furious at himself. He acted like a caveman out there with her.

He wouldn't be surprised if she never wanted to see him again.

The Flashback of him claiming her pussy to be his until the allotted time, made him cringe and rake his hair furiously with his fingers.

He has never acted so rashly before, but something about her appealed to his baser instinct.

He prided himself on control, and she robbed his from him and that was really unsettling.

The truth of the matter is, he didn't think he could just walk away if she said no.

His door suddenly flew open.

"Go to sleep Henri!"

"Fuck you Luc.

Why are you here in NY again?"

"Maman wanted me to come check on you. You should answer her calls sometimes."

"I know what she wants and I can't do that right now."

"DANM, YOU'VE GOT IT BAD HENRI. Even when we were teenagers, I've never met anyone or anything capable of rattling you so much."

Henri sighed, stopped pacing and looked at his brother who was now comfortably sitting on one of the chaise in the room.

He was 2 years his senior, but he respected his little brother immensely. So there was no need to deny anything.

" I don't know what had gotten into me." he admitted sitting on the edge of his oversized bed with his head in his hands.

"Have you heard from her yet?"

"non... Elle me rend complètement fou." ( no, she is driving me completely crazy.)

"Looks like you've bonded with her Henri, do you think she might be..."

"Don't even think about it...
There is no such thing, it's a myth."

"Just because we don't know anyone who has gone through it, doesn't make it a myth. I can't think of anything else that would make YOU burn a hole in your room at 3am... Can you?"

That was a scary thought. Could she really be his...

Fated mate?

Once upon a time, shifters lived to find their mates. Their other half. The one who is supposed to complete them, the one born just for them, the one who lived to make them happy... Or so all the fairy tale books told them  anyways.

He scoffed at the idea.

Utterly ridiculous.

He just needed her in his bed, and once he's got his fill, everything will go back to normal.

And she was adamant about not wanting a relationship anyway.

He chose to ignore that dull pain in his chest at the thought of her not wanting to be with him.

**********

Sunday 10pm

'Tic toc Ms Natalia.' Read the text.

This was the first one he had sent her since they last spoke when he insisted to drive her home that night.

She was hoping he had forgotten about her, but was strangely happy that he didn't after all. Because god knows she couldn't.

He completely invaded her life this weekend. It was impossible to concentrate on anything else so she spent her time trying to dig up any information she could on him. But when it was proven rather difficult to find any meaningful info, she turned to at least research and try to understand a little bit more about the BDSM world.

It was intriguing to say the least.

Certain things definitely drew her attention, but others downright terrified her.

The fact that she didn't categorically refused his proposal still rattled her to her core.

It took her a long time to get to where she was today. Took a lot to not let this life crush her soul. She was finally some place in her existence where she felt content.

She didn't need any man to barge in and ruin everything.

But her body wouldn't let her forget or even ignore how he made her feel just by sitting next to him.

He reeked of masculinity and despite of herself she felt safe next to him.

Her brain was screaming at her to run the other way. Erase his contacts and ask him to forget about her, but her fingers typed a different reply at 11:59.

'yes'

'Just in the nic of times Ms. Natalia.' he replied almost immediately.

'We need to talk before anything starts Henri.'

'Wouldn't have it any other way beautiful. Let's meet up tomorrow for lunch.'

' Wear a black dress with red lace underwear....'

'Can't wait to see you again you ma belle.'