Chapter 13-Take It All

It's been a whirlwind of new experiences and one day it was suddenly the end of their second week together. I guess what they say about having fun and time flying is true.

Fun.

Have she been having fun?

For so long, fun was nothing more than a word to her. The only place she's ever felt close enough to having fun, was with her nose buried in her books lost in their worlds.

Books were her salvation. So no, if someone were to tell her last month she'd currently be sitting down on the warm sand of a private beach in Barbados owned by none other than that hunk of a man sitting next to her, enjoying their last sunset together there, she'd stick a foot up their ass, then have them committed.

And yet here she was doing just that, and for the first time in her life she could finally, without any doubts, admit to herself that she was more than just... content.

Even... Happy ?

She looked over to him sitting by her, he had his arms around her waist, holding on for dear life as if afraid if he let go a little bit, she'd run away. His eyes were trained on the sun setting over the horizon of the most incredibly beautiful and clear body of water she's ever laid eyes on.

He was positively glowing.

She watched as the remaining lights from the sun kissed his perfectly tanned skin as his hair flew widely around his face from a sudden gust of wind.

Yea she was...Um...happy.

Happiness been an unattainable slippery biotch all her life, she stopped pursuing it long ago and continued to live. But one thing these past two weeks have made clear to her was that she wasn't living, she was merely alive.

Perhaps it was time to change a few things. She was tired of living in a gray world pretending to see colors.

"You missed it."

"huh?"

She was snapped out of her reverie and a bit embarrassed to being caught staring at him.

"You missed the sunset kitten."

Geez, that voice and that accent had a mysterious way of sending all kind sensation straight between her legs.

"It's ok, I saw the best part." she mumbled still looking up at him. And then he smiled. A genuine one. The one that reaches his eyes and make his dimples come out of hiding. The one that makes her heart thump like a first sets of drums given to a 5 year old.

He made her happy.

They sat there for a moment, basking on the last lights of the day, unwilling to look away from each other. Until she saw something in his eyes that she didn't understand but it made her feel all gooey inside and nervous.

He chuckled and pulled her closer to him, lifting her chin and softly pecked her nose.

" I'm all yours baby, you can look all you want."

The heat spread to her face and she jerked out of his embrace. She could see the he wasn't too happy that she left his side, but he was confusing her. Her head was already swimming with all the sinful delicious things they've done these past days, but he'd started making those little comments here and there making her think sometimes that he wanted more than they've agreed on.

But she knew better.

She could no longer take the pouty look he was giving her, so she smiles and reaches out with both hands to help him up. Taking both her hands, he instead pulled her right down where she went crashing against his naked chest. He swiftly changed their position. Too fast for her to even register the move.